Part 2: The Search for Elena

[Name]'s POV

"Two more just showed up." Nate points at two guys walking along the path closest to the front half of the plane.

"I wish I had a grenade, dammit," I mutter while pulling out my AK-47.

We jump down to the scene of the crash and take cover behind a stone barrier. I peek out of cover with my gun before shooting the semi-automatic weapon and taking down three of the guys. Nate takes out the last two with his AK when more guys start to run down the back path. They shoot at us and we rush them and take them down with our rifles.

"That's all of them," Nate says, and we walk over to the front half of the plane.

"I'll climb up," I tell him while grabbing the rope that hangs out of the plane and climbing up.

The plane starts to move when I step inside and I catch my balance before slowly making my way to the cockpit. I find the map for Nathan's journal under some broke glass and I smile while grabbing it. I start making my way back to the opening when the plane starts becoming loose. I fall against the wall and slowly stand up, my eyes catching sight of a parachute in a tower not to far from our location.

"That's Elena's," I gasp while scrambling down the rope and over to Nate. "I got the map and I spotted Elena's parachute over that way." I point in the direction I saw the tower it was in.

"We need to go after her then," Nate says, and a bullet goes past us. "Shit," Nate sighs when we start getting shot at again.

We pull out our pistols and exchange fire with the four mercenaries that showed up, and the two others that started climbing down the vine.

"We need to find Elena, dead or alive. Though for my friends sake, I hope it's alive," I tell Nate when more mercenaries come from the path we need to take.

"I know," Nate says while peeking out and killing two of the guys.

I shoot and kill the last one before reloading my guns and running out from behind cover. Nate and I collect unused ammo off the bodies of the mercenaries before making our way through the back path, under an archway. I hear a mercenary around us, and Nate goes to shoot him when the guy triggers a trap and is killed by spikes.

"We need to watch where we're going," Nate remarks, and I nod and point at the tower where Elena's parachute is.

"There it is, Nate," I say and he looks up.

"Let's get up there."

We walk along a narrow path against a stone wall and jump over a broken section of it, onto the next path. Nate and I press our backs against the wall and walk over to a small section to climb up. I scale the wall and hold my arm out for him, pulling him up.

"Seems I'm not the only one who got stronger," Nate chuckles while we quickly jump across a loose stone platform and onto the wall.

We hold onto the ledge and scoot our way across, jumping to grab a root of a tree that's growing though the side of the ground. Nate and I drop down off the branch into the grass below us and I spot another mercenary a few meters ahead of us.

I quietly walk up behind him and snap his neck before quietly laying him down on the ground. I stealth my way over to another guy leaning on a wall, and I cover his mouth before pulling him down to the ground. I put him in a choke hold and he tries to claw my arm off him, but fails.

Once he stops breathing, I let him go and pull out my bow and two arrows. I line up the first shot and kill one mercenary, drawing the attention of another. I go to kill the second when a gunshot beats me and I look to see Nate with his pistol.