Part 19: An Auction and an Old Friend

[Name]'s POV

"Did you say fifty million dollars?!" Nate asks incredulously, and I give him the biggest 'what the fuck' look.

"That can be dealt with later. Right now we should focus on why Sam is here- and ALIVE!" I make sure to emphasize the last word.

"Actually, he has yet to tell us why he's here. We were just talking about the journeys we've taken," Nate chuckles, and I walk over to the railing of the pier and lean on it while my eye twitches in annoyance.

"So the first thing you do when you find out your brother- who you thought has been dead for fifteen years now- is alive, is you talk about your journeys."

"Calm down, love. I'm sure there's an explanation," Harry reassures me, and I sigh.

"There better be dammit," I pinch the bridge of my nose with a sigh.

"Hey, am I going to get a hug from my favorite girl now, or what?" Sam asks while standing up and facing me. 

"You're lucky I don't kill you myself for not contacting any of us," I seethe with a deep frown, "but of course you get a hug."

Sam smirks and opens his arms, and I walk into them, wrapping mine around his neck and laying my head on his chest. His heart beat speeds up and he holds me close to him, resting his head on top of my head. I glance up to see him smirking at Nate and Harry, and I don't even need to look to take a guess as to why.

"I missed you," Sam whispers in my ear.

"I missed you too, Samuel Drake, but you have a lot of explaining to do," I murmur, and we continue to embrace each other for a few more seconds, before pulling away from each other.

The bird necklace I've had for years dangles in front of my shirt, and Sam's eyes widen as he grabs the pendant. "You still have it," he whispers and looks into my eyes with shock and happiness.

"I rarely ever take it off," I tell him, and he grins and gives me another hug.

I chuckle and hug him back, when Harry coughs and catches our attention, "Darling, are you going to tell us about this fifty million dollars you have now added to your already surplus amount of money?"

I nod and Sam lets me go. "There's not much to it. Chloe and I found Napoleon Bonaparte's Grande Armée's missing loot. Sold it and we each got fifty million," I explain and the guys' jaws drop.

"Seems you could take a few lessons from [Name], little brother," Sam chuckles while lighting a cigarette, "but now it's my turn to tell you why I came here."

We look at Sam as he walks over to the railing of the pier and places his hands on it, letting out a small sigh, "I'm in a lot of trouble here."

I join him, and Nate stands up and walks over to us. "What are you talking about?" Nate asks and I narrow my eyes.

"What kind of trouble?" I ask Sam.

"Does the name Hector Alcázar ring a bell to you?" Sam asks quietly and I frown.

"Yeah, hes the drug lord. 'Butcher of Panamá' if I recall right. Sam..." I trail off, and he tilts his head and looks at me.

"It's a funny story, but... for the last year he was my cell mate," he says, and Nate holds up a hand, stopping him before he continues to talk.

"Hold on, you never told us how you survived," Nate tells his older brother.

"The 'doctors' patched me up and I was thrown right back into the cell since we did kill a guard," Sam reminds us and I scoff.