Part 18: Sam and Rafe

A/N

Just a quick reminder that in this story it's a five year time difference, not a three year.

~five years later~

[Name]'s POV

The windshield wipers on the boat swipe the rain off quickly as Nate pilots it through the rough ocean waves, "This is really not good," Nate murmurs, and I look at Sam and Harry who hold the railing of the boat, before turning my attention back to Nate.

"No shit!" I exclaim as the rough waves toss the boat around.

"Hold on!" Nate shouts and goes over a wave.

The boat rocks back and forth, tossing me over to the side Harry and Sam are on. "I gotcha," Sam says and grabs my arm, holding me against his chest while his other arm holds the side of the boat.

"Hey, Nate! They're gaining on us!" Harry shouts, and we look behind us at the Shoreline boats following us closely.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I know," Nate mutters, and I frown.

"Well then do something about it!" I shout, and we hit another large wave. The boat rocks back and forth again, and I grip onto the railing for dear life.

"I'm going as fast as I can," Nate replies, and I look at Harry and Sam.

"Well, fuck," Sam swears, and we pull out our pistols.

Our boat starts to accelerate, and Sam looks at his brother, "Keep heading towards the island. We'll try to hold them off."

One of the Shoreline boats pulls up beside ours and some mercenaries come out onto the deck of their ship. "Here they come," Harry mutters, and him, Sam, and I start shooting.

"They're boats are small, you can just ram into them!" I shout, and Nate starts hitting some of the boats.

"We're not doing much damage!" Sam calls out to his brother as we miss quite a bit of our shots.

"Just keep them at bay!" Nate responds, and we continue to shoot at the boats while Nate pilots our boat forward, sometimes crushing a Shoreline boat.

"Big boat! Big boat!" Sam shouts, and it hits the side of ours.

Some of the ocean water is sprayed onto the wooden floor we're on and I slide across the floor, gripping onto the railing on the other side. Explosives start raining down from the sky and Harry laughs dryly while running a hand through his wet hair, "They're dropping bloody mines! What the fuck is with these bastards?!"

"A lot of things," I mutter while moving a strand of hair out of my face.

"Just keep heading towards the island, don't let 'em get in front of you," Sam tells his brother, and I shoot one of the mercenaries on one of the boats.

Explosives keep raining down when one of them hits right in front of our boat. Our boat is tossed up, and Nate and I are tossed into the rough water below. We swim up to the surface, and Sam brings the boat over to us while shouting out our names.

Him and Harry run over to the railing and reach over it to help Nate and I up. Nate pulls himself onto the boat first, and Harry and Sam each grab one of my arms and pull me out of the water.

Nate rushes over to the engine of the boat and his eyes widen, "Shit, the engine's out."

Harry's head snaps to the side and he narrows his eyes, "What?!"

Sam rushes over to the engine and examines it, before looking back at us, "I can fix it, just- just cover me."

Nate, Harry, and I nod before taking cover by the railing of the boat as Shoreline boats show up. I shoot a mercenary with a grenade launcher and he misfires, causing the rocket to hit their own boat. "Holy shit!" Nate shouts as their boat bursts into flames.