Part 17: Hallucinogenic Water

[Name]'s POV

The engine of the jeep is the only thing that can be heard in the quiet twilight air. I adjust the sniper rifle on my back along with my desert eagles on my side, tugging the [F/C] scarf I have up around my nose and mouth.

"How were you able to get these guns, love?" Harry breaks the silence, and I smirk against the fabric.

"I have my contacts," I respond vaguely, and Nate looks back at me from his seat beside Elena.

"Do I want to know how you met these contacts?" he asks, and I chuckle and shake my head.

"I think that story is better left a mystery, plus- we're here." I point ahead at the fence that surrounds the airfield. I lean forward and hold out a silenced pistol, "Here, Elena."

"Man... I don't want to have to use this," she whispers while parking the car.

"I know, but we have to do this quietly. They catch us sneaking onto that plane- we're dead," Nate tells her while we get out of the jeep and look at the fence to the airfield.

"It looks like we can cut through the building over here," I announce while walking towards the building on my left, crouching down by the garage door.

I start to lift the door from the bottom, and Nate and Harry jog over and help me. Elena goes under first, and the two guys and I each take turns going under and holding the door for the other. Once we're inside, we quietly set down the door and look around the building.

I look around for a way to go before climbing on top of some crates and spotting an exit on the other side of the crates. "There looks to be an exit on the other side," I call down to my friends, before climbing through a spot where a crate would be.

I jump down and land on the floor below- Nate, Elena, and Harry joining me soon after. "We can get through that window," Elena points to an open window in the wall.

"But we need a way up," Nate says, and Harry walks over to a car and opens the door. He puts the car in neutral and I smirk and place my hands on the back of the vehicle.

"You steer, I'll push," I tell Flynn, and we work together to get the car up the ramp, right under the window. I look back at Nate, gesturing him over, "Climb up and go through the window."

Nate nods while climbing on top of the car and jumping for the open window. He grabs the edge and looks over his shoulder at us, "I'll find a way to get the door open."

Nate disappears through the window and Harry and I slowly let the vehicle move down the ramp, back onto flat ground. We join Elena by the closed door and I sigh, "Let's hope he can find a way to open the door."

Harry, Elena, and I exchange small talk when gunshots go off from the other side of the door. Our eyes widen and I pull out my pistols when the shooting stops. Footsteps approach the door we're behind and it opens to reveal Nate, "Sorry, there were two mercenaries and some locks on the door."

I lower my guns and shake my head while walking through the now open door, "It's fine, but what did I tell you about telling us you're on the other side of a door?"

"Warn you," Nate chuckles and I begin to holster my pistols, when a car drives into the area we're in. I quickly shoot the driver in the head, along with the mercenary in the passenger seat. Nate and Harry take out their pistols and shoot the men that come out from the back of the car, and I take out one more that was sitting in the back seat.

"Everyone okay?" Nate asks and we nod.

"We should get to that plane," Harry states, and we start to push the vehicle the mercenaries drove back towards the gate outside. The car slips from our grasp and it rolls back and crashes through the gate, undoubtedly catching the other mercenaries attention.