*Rafe's Ending*

A/N

There will be sexual content in this chapter, but a warning will be provided if you want to skip it.

~a few weeks later~

[Name]'s POV

I run down the street, covering my face from the rain that pours around me. "Dammit! I knew I should've left earlier," I mutter when a clap of thunder fills the sky.

I groan and continue heading down the rain-slicked sidewalk, approaching the house I share with Elena. I shove my right hand in my cardigan pocket and pull out a set of keys, shuffling through them until I land on the silver key to my house's front door.

I jog up the few steps to the front porch and take cover under the roof, sliding my key in the lock on the door and opening it. I step inside and kick off my muddy sneakers, sliding my cardigan off and laying it on the coat rack.

"Elena!" I call out, but receive no response. I sigh and walk into the kitchen to find a note on the island countertop. I pick it up and sigh, "What's this?"

[Name]

I'm heading out of town for a few weeks. Don't cause too much trouble ;)

-Elena

I sigh and place the note back on the countertop before walking out of the kitchen. I strip off my shirt and enter the laundry room, tossing the soaked shirt into the washing machine. I strip out of the rest of my clothes and toss them in as well before pulling an oversized t-shirt over my body along with a fresh pair of underwear.

I start the washing machine up and walk out of the room. I head down the hallway and plop down on the couch, grabbing the tv remote and turning on the tv. I curl up and grab the throw blanket off the back of the couch, covering myself with the soft, warm fabric. I change the tv to Netflix and flip through the movies with a sigh.

"What to watch," I murmur to myself when I spot my favorite movie. "Yes! [F/Movie]!"

I turn the lights off and make myself some popcorn before taking a seat on the couch again and starting the movie. I lean against the arm of the couch and watch the screen with intrigued eyes when another loud crash of thunder resounds and the tv goes black along with the rest of the house going dark.

"Damn. A power outage," I grumble and slide out from under the blankets. I reach into one of the side tables and grab a few candles, lighting them and setting them around the house.

I go to grab a book from the bookshelf when someone knocks on the door rapidly. My eyebrows furrow and I walk over to the front door and open it to reveal a drenched and miserable looking Rafe.

"Rafe? Oh my God get inside," I say while grabbing his hand and tugging him into the house.

I shut the door behind him, and he kicks off his shoes and tries to fix his dripping wet hair, only to give up a few seconds later, making him grumble profanities. "What are you doing here?" I ask while leading him to the laundry room.

"You left your journals at my hotel room," he sighs and hands me the books.

"Thanks, but you didn't have to drop them off tonight." I smile and take them from him, placing the books to the side.

"Yeah, well, I should get going before the roads get worse."

"Stay," I say quickly and he looks at me in slight shock. I realize how hastily I responded and I slink back. "Sorry, it's just that it's storming and it's best if you stay here until it stops."

Rafe chuckles slightly with a faint smirk and nods. "Okay. I'll stay."

I grin before realizing that he's still in his soaked clothes and his hair is messy and flat on his head. "You need clean clothes," I murmur before sighing. "I might have some of my father's stuff upstairs. Come with me."