*Nate's Ending*

A/N

There will be sexual content in this chapter, but a warning will be provided if you want to skip it.

~a few weeks later~

[Name]'s POV

My fingers drum against the glass surface of my desk as I stare down at a map of the Dominican Republic. I turn my head and peer at my journal between the two maps, reading through the notes I have written down. "Santo Domingo," I mumble grabbing my red marker and taking off the cap with my mouth.

I hold the cap between my teeth as I mark the map with the red marker. I circle the general search area that I need to focus on, turning back to my journal to make some notes on the map. A knock comes from behind me and I glance over my shoulder to see Elena with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Whatcha workin' on?" she asks while walking over to me.

"Mah mos rec-" Elena holds a hand up and cuts me off with a laugh.

"What are you trying to say?"

I spit the marker cap out of my mouth and smile sheepishly. "My most recent exploration. I've had this in the works for years but I've recently found something that's made me focus on this project."

"Care to elaborate?" Elena inquires, taking a seat in my desk chair.

"Have you ever heard of a shipwreck off the coast of Santo Domingo from 1551?" I cock an eyebrow while picking up my journal. Elena shakes her head and I grin. "Well, on March 15th, 1551; nine ships departed from Spain loaded with Inca and Atzec treasures that were looted by Spanish conquistadors. Now, one of the ships, the San Miguel, wrecked off the coast of Santo Domingo in late April of that year and sunk, taking all the treasures with it."

"If it's known where the ship sunk at- why has no one found it yet?"

"The exact location still isn't known, but sand could also be covering parts of it."

"So, why are you looking for the ship? This just doesn't seem like something you usually search for."

A grin comes to my face and I hand her the journal. "You know me too well, Elena. You're right, this isn't what I usually go for, but I have reason to believe that there is an Aztec artifact on that ship that is a clue to the location of the mythical Lost City of Aztlan."

"And I take it you believe this city isn't just a myth?"

"Better yet," I grin and tap the page of the journal, "I have proof."

Elena looks down at the page, reading through an old letter I discovered and translated. "So, how'd you come across this?" she asks after finishing the letter.

"You know how Nate and I went to Mexico last week?" I ask, taking the journal back from Elena.

"Yeah."

"I was doing some research on the Aztecs and came across this letter deep into my studies. This letter is from someone who was apart of one of the seven groups that were rumored to have settled in Aztlan. They talk about the secret paradise and artifacts that were there."

"How does this link to San Miguel?"

"The letter talks about a specific artifact. A small statue made to please one of the Gods. There's supposed to be a clue inside it to the location of Aztlan, and it just so happens that that artifact's last known location was on the San Miguel."

"So, when are you planning to leave?" Elena asks, looking at the mess on my desk.

"Hopefully soon. Nate and I are working together on this and Rafe is helping us get the permits, so really all we're waiting on is the permits."