Part 6: Breaking and Entering

A/N

Harry Flynn is good in this story and there's no bad blood between him and Nate/Sully, just an FYI.

~three years later~

[Name]'s POV

"[Name]!" someone shouts, their voice fading in and out. I start to slowly open my eyes, my surroundings appearing blurry and out of focus. "[NAME]!" the voice cries out this time and someone kneels down in front of me, trying to shake me back to my senses.

"W-what's going on?" I mumble and Nate's face comes into view. My eyes widen slightly when I see the large gash on his forehead and right cheek, part of his lip is busted open, and the gunshot wound in his stomach is still bleeding. I try to move towards him only to whimper in pain, "N-Nate."

"[Name], listen to me. The train we're on right now is dangling off a cliff," he says and my eyes widen as he frowns. "You're pretty banged up... you most likely broke your leg and some glass stabbed into your stomach... along with the bullet you took."

I look down to see my leg all sliced up, swelled, and bruised; and my stomach bleeding out. "W-we need to get out of here," I whisper, feeling the cold snowy mountain wind coming through the broken window.

"How are you going to walk?!"

I spot my bag beside me on a seat and I grunt while reaching for some bandages and gauze. "It'll hurt, but I can do it."

I carefully remove the glass from my stomach and legs, quickly covering it with gauze then bandaging it. The seat I'm sitting in starts to collapse and Nate and I jump for another seat but miss. We fall through the air and grab onto the railing outside of the train, dangling thousands of feet in the air. "Oh shit," Nate says while the train car starts to swing.

"We need to get onto the top of the cliff," I say while moving my head so a falling door doesn't hit me. I scoot around the railing until I'm on the undercarriage of the train and I pull myself onto the ridges under it, hissing when a sharp pain shoots up my leg.

"[Name]..." Nate trails off with worry from below me.

"I'm okay," I grunt and start to climb up the bottom of the train, refusing to look down.

I climb up a bit higher when a boulder from the cliff we want to get on breaks off. It goes past my head and knocks a piece of the train off, which gives me better access to climb up further. I step on the yellow metal bars on the bottom of the train, climbing onto some blocks to the right of it. I jump up and grab the next block, taking a hold of the bar that connects to it while grunting in pain. I climb up the bar, grabbing the edge of the vents under the train.

"How are you holding up?!" I call down to Nate while climbing around the vent.

"I'm doing the best I can!" he shouts up to me, and another boulder starts falling. I let go of the vent with one hand and swing out of the way of the boulder which knocks the bottom set of wheels off the train.

"Whoa!" I pant while grabbing the bar again and making my way to the bar that runs up the bottom of the train. I slowly climb it when it breaks, bends, and swings around to the side of the train.

"[Name]!" Nate shouts as I dangle in the air.

"This is getting ridiculous!" I scowl while swinging and jumping onto a crack in the metal of the car. I dig my fingers into it and move to the side so I'm on the roof of the train. I climb up and grab onto a box frame in the roof where a window used to be. Nate joins my side a few seconds later and we look at each other while standing on the edge of the window.

"We need to get to the top of this cliff quickly. This car is about to break off any moment," he says and I nod my head before jumping through the broken window and grabbing onto the top of a seat.