Part 21: Madagascar

[Name]'s POV

"[Name]... did you ever date Rafe?" Nate asks, and I shoot him a quick glance.

"No, we were only ever friends, but it still hurts to be pushed away by someone who you care for and trust," I respond while climbing around the wall and dropping down to the floor below.

"Please, just drop the topic," I whisper and the guys do when they notice how upset it's making me.

I make my way through another section of the catacombs and around to an opening in the wall. I use a wooden post hanging off a different wall to grapple across to the ground on the other side. I land on the stone and the guys land beside me, and we walk over to the wall we need to climb up.

"A little too high to jump up to... unless you have a trampoline," Sam sighs, and I chuckle.

"Left it at home," I respond.

"Oh, darn."

Harry attaches his grappling hook back on the post and slides down the rope. Sam looks at me and his eyes widen when he realizes I'm not joking.

"Wait do you- do you actually have a trampoline?" he asks, and I smirk.

"I do actually," I tell him, and Nate chuckles.

"She does. We've jumped on it many times," he states, and Sam gawks.

"I better get to try it out."

A cart drops down next to us, and Sam looks at Harry who drops down after the car. "Why thank you good sir," Sam says with his version of an English accent.

"Mate, that was an atrocious accent," Flynn laughs, and Nate pushes the cart against the wall.

We each climb onto the cart and grab the edge of the floor above, pulling ourselves onto it. We walk under an archway when the cave shakes again from another explosion. "We're definitely getting closer to the cathedral," I sigh while jogging through the path on my left.

"More what's left of it," Sam says, and I jog to the end of a broken wooden bridge.

I sigh in annoyance at the inconvenience, before looking for a different route to take. I turn to my right, spotting a metal crate on the landing across from me, and I toss my grappling hook towards it. The hook wraps around the handle and I jump off the ground and swing over to the wall. My feet hit first and I climb up the rope and onto the ground above.

"That worked out well," I mutter while pushing the crate down a small drop. I move it so we'll be able to use it to swing across to the landing where the other side of the broken bridge is.

Once the crate is in position, I attach my hook to the handle and drop down, wall-running along the stone wall and jumping to the ground on the other side. "Fuck bridges," I say, and Sam deadpans when he lands beside me.

"I personally don't mind them," he mutters, and I chuckle while waiting for the other two guys to join us.

"Let's get out of here," I announce right after Harry and Nate come across.

We jog down the path and make a detour left, seeing that the actual exit is covered with debris. I climb up a stone wall and go through a crawl space, landing on the ground on the other side. "Guys, look around," Harry says, and Nate whistles.

"Holy shit. This must've been another test, but... it all just crumbled into the ocean," Nate says, and his older brother sighs sighs.

"Well, I guess the test now is how the hell do we get to the other side?" Sam states, and we look around for a way to get across.