Part 15: Yemen

[Name]'s POV

"Well we can't stay here- we gotta move," Sully says.

"How?" Chloe asks, and I run a hand through my hair.

"Our only hope is to find the crypt entrance," I say, and Charlie starts to stumble towards me while I walk towards the wall with the three pillars.

"Great. Any ideas?" Sully asks us.

"Well, Charlie was onto something- I just don't know what," Nate says while looking at our drugged friend.

"The Wand of the Magician..." Charlie states, and holds his head.

"Without his journal, we're never going to find it," Harry mutters, and I look at the symbols on the pillars.

'Balance. One black triangle on the left pillar, a white triangle on the right pyramid, and both on the center one. The entrance is the middle pillar' I realize and my eyes widen.

"The middle pillar. That's the entrance. The duality of light and dark," I state while the others join me.

"The Middle Way..." Cutter groans and I walk up to the middle pillar and push it, making it move back slightly.

"A hand would be nice." I look over my shoulder, and Nate and Harry help me push the pillar back through the wall. We enter a dark room with a path down the back and Cutter refuses to come in.

"It's okay, Charlie. C'mon, Mate," Chloe helps him inside, and Nate pushes the pillar shut once everyone's in the room.

"The way up and the way down are one and the same," Charlie says, and I nod my head.

"Yeah?" I question while pulling out my flashlight- the others using torches as their light source.

We walk down the path, and I help Charlie through the tight space in the wall and out through the other side. "There's another passage up ahead!" Nate tells me, and I nod.

"Go on ahead. I've got Charlie," I tell the rest.

They nod and walk through the crypt, and I rest my hand on Cutter's shoulder as he stares at the last passage we need to go through. "You've got this C. Just one more," I tell him when he turns around and goes to punch me.

I jump out of the way and drop my flashlight putting my hands up in a defense position. "Charlie! Calm down!" I cry out as he pushes me back against the wall and grabs a skull from behind me. He goes to slam the skull into my head, but I move out of the way and push him away from me, not wanting to hurt my friend.

"C'mon. I don't want to hurt you, C," I say while sliding out of the way as he tries to charge me. "It's me, Charlie. It's [Name]," I say and his fist connects with my left eye.

I push him away from me again, still not wanting to hurt him, and he keeps coming back to attack me. "I'm not going to hurt you," I tell him while continuing to dodge all of his attacks. Charlie suddenly stops attacking and he looks down. I cautiously start to approach him with my hands out to show I won't hurt him, "It's okay, C. I promise I won't hurt you."

Cutter looks up before rushing forward and pushing me back against the wall. He grips my throat and starts choking me and I grab his arms and try to pry them off me. "C'mon Charlie," I whisper as my vision start to fade in and out.

I hear a few sets of footsteps enter the room and Chloe shout, "Charlie. You're killing her!"

Cutter doesn't let go of my throat and I begin to gasp for air, my friends voices starting to get extremely frantic. The pressure around my throat suddenly disappears and I slump down to the floor, coughing violently when three people kneel down next to me. "[Name]. Love, look at me," Harry says and I look up at him, Nate, and Chloe.