Part 22: On Our Way to Pirate Paradise

[Name]'s POV

"So do you two really think the treasure's going to be sitting in the middle of a goddamn market?" Sully asks while we look over the railing to some stairs into the crowd of people below.

"Probably not, but there may be a clue," I say while spotting the tower.

"Well, we should get moving," Nate says, and the three of us jog down the stairs.

We make our way through the crowd of people and around the busy market place where people offer us several items. Nate buys an apple and I buy a few trinkets- after bargaining with the sellers for a better price. We continue to walk through the market, when I spot a man sitting on the ground with a lemur beside him.

My eyes sparkle and the lemur hops on my back and climbs up to sit on my shoulder. Nate joins me and rubs the lemur's head, while Sully looks at us and shakes his head. "Tower, you two," he states.

"But it's a lemur!" I cry out.

"Come on, Sully. Say hi to the thing." Nate waves him over.

Sully scoffs and shakes his head in disgust. "I think I'll pass."

The lemur gets off my back and returns to its owner's shoulder, and Nate and I start to follow after Sully who walked ahead of us. We head towards a set of stairs when the lemur comes back to us.

"Sully! Look who came back!" Nate grins and the lemur takes his apple and runs off. "Hey! It stole my apple."

"You can't trust anyone these days," Sully states and we make our way up the stairs. The scent of different types of food wavers in the air and I breathe it in.

"Damn that smells really good," I murmur while walking over to where people are surrounded by a booth set up with food cooking on a griddle.

"You coming, [Name]?" Nate asks, and I look at him as he waits for me.

"Yeah," I state and jog over to him. We walk through the rest of the crowd and over to the doors of the tower, making me grin. "Here we are."

Nate tries to open the doors only to find them barred from the inside. "Locked. We're going to have to sneak in," Nate says, and I sigh while walking around the right side of the tower.

"Then let's find a way in," I state while stepping onto a small ledge of a pillar and sliding across.

I jump to the next ledge and jump up, grabbing the stone edging above me. I slide across it and jump to the next pillar and slide across again, jumping to the wall on my left. I grab the stone edge where a small stone platform sits and I climb around to an open stained glass window.

I pull myself inside, dropping down to the marble floor. Nate and Sully follow me in and we look around the tower. "Over here," I state while kneeling down to the sigil of a balance scale on the floor.

"Edward England's sigil, just like the map said," Nate smirks when he joins me.

"Then what are we looking for?" Sully asks, and I look behind us at some stairs that lead up to a door.

"What's up here?" I muse while running up the stairs and pushing the door open. Some birds that were inside fly off and I look up to see a large bell several stories above me.

"This is a very large clock tower," Sully states while Nate joins my side.

"Yes it is," he agrees.