j i u

ERRORS AHEAD

TWEET: #IARWLOE

——

I cried on my way home, I immediately called my mother to tell my adviser to pull me out of the class and let me go home because I wasn't feeling well. My chest feels so heavy, I'm so stupid for lying. I shouldn't have done that!

Now he hates me.

He's probably never talking to me again.

I didn't want to go to school the next day, seeing him would hurt more. The pain of the stupid mistake I did is all coming back to me, this is all my fault. But I couldn't skip school, I have to keep my grades high so it was out of my options.

My classmates were even giving me questionable looks whenever Zhang Yixing walks past our classroom and I didn't even glance at the window . They've known me for having a crush on him for years and seeing me acting like I don't care was new to them.

Lunch came, Chenhui was clinging to my arm as we walked to the cafeteria. "Are you still sad?" She asked.

I gave her a half shrug, "It's okay." Zhang Yixing even has all the right to hate me, I lied to him. Who wouldn't hate a liar, right? She nudged me, tilting her chin in one direction. I looked up and saw him approaching our direction. Deep inside my heart, I hope that he would acknowledge my presence.

A short nod, that was all I'm wishing for.

Please.

I bit my lip, trying to ignore the pain in my chest as his eyes peirced through me as if I didn't exist, he slowly walked past where I am standing. Tears start to pool in my eyes, I tried to hold it back by clenching my jaw, hoping that it won't fall. Don't cry here, not in public, Xu Yan. Chenhui pulled me to a table, she was giving me a sad smile. "Does it really hurt?" She squeezed my hand.

I lowered my head, "I really did wrong, didn't I?"

Chenhui was right, I went overboard. I should've just approached him like how all the other girls did, I was too ahead of myself and look at where I am, he won't even treat me like I even existed. "You just did what you think is right and that's okay, Xu Yan. People make mistakes sometimes and you are allowed to have some." She said.

Chenhui tried to comfort me the whole day even if it's obvious that I won't be okay as long as Yixing doesn't talk to me. During dismissal, I told Chenhui to go ahead. I will try my luck to talk to Yixing again. Maybe he just wants to talk in private so he can shout at me.

I waited for him to leave their classroom, he was surprised to see me outside. Nervous, I held his arm and pulled him somewhere we can talk without anyone watching or eavesdropping. We stopped inside an empty classroom, I locked the door as soon was we got inside. He immediately moved away from me, his eyes never glancing at my direction.

My heart clenched, it became hard for me to breathe. I—I don't like the way he treats me but who am I to complain? I lied to him, I made him believe that I'm not good at math, I made him waste his efforts. "Yixing," I started, my tears start to form in my eyes. Stupid tears. "I want to apologize for what I did, I-I just wanted to be friends with you—"

"By making me look like an idiot?"

I took a step back, guilty. He's right anyway. He's always right.

"I spent hours, trying my best to teach you because I want you to pass which in reality you didn't need. You played with me. That was so low, Xu Yan." He came closer to me and pointed me with his finger, "You're more desperate than all the other girls. I am so disappointed at you."