e r s h i

ERRORS AHEAD

TWEET: #IARWLOE
——

"MAMA, CAN I stay inside my room? I just want to rest for a while."

She nodded her head, caressing my cheek, "Alright, you take a rest. It's been a long day anyway, you're probably tired right now."

I hugged her tight before heading to Yixing's room that turned to be mine now. If yesterday and a few weeks ago my head feels heavy, today it feels light that I think I'm floating in the air. Curling up on the bed all day was my only plan for today, hugging a pillow before making sure that the door is locked.

Talking to them... makes my heart ache.

How did I dare disappoint them when they were the people who treated me like I am part of them? They welcomed me without hesitations and made me feel like their own and what did I do in return? I had sex with their only son whom I really love on my first night here because of the fear of being taken away by my own mother the next day and now, I am pregnant.

I am pregnant.

Mama brought me to the hospital right after we tried the third pregnancy test kit just to make sure that I really am having their first grandchild. The doctor officially confirmed it, and no matter how many times they mentioned that I am, it still feels unreal. Half of me is really happy but the other half is just worried and guilty because I'm disappointing this new family who basically loved me with no questions asked.

And I just turned sixteen two months ago! Yixing is only sixteen too! How are we going to handle a serious challenge like this? It's not just a pet but another human being! This is not playing house but the real deal, another life we have to be responsible of. None of us have a job, we're not even in senior high!

The doctor reminded me and Mama that we have to be very careful because I am too young to carry a child, he said that my body is still a little weaker comapared to the older women. My palms were sweaty as I watch Mama buy all the prescribed vitamins and prenatal milk for me, I tried to force her to pay it using my money but she didn't want to. Clarifying that she'd love to spend money for her grandchild.

I ran my hand on my flat stomach, soon it'll be as big as a watermelon or maybe even bigger. Sighing, I'm just grateful that our child would be loved just like how I want him/her to be. Especially with Yixing's parents and of course, him. I know this child wouldn't grow up the same way I did.

It was terrifying of how Yixing's father and Yixing would react later once they learn what Mama and I found out today. Will they be disappointed of me too? Just like how disappointed I am at myself? Tian na, just thinking of it makes me anxious. What if Yixing hates it? Although I doubt he would be, I just can't discard the possibility.

My arms hugged the pillow closer to me and let myself fall asleep as I feel my lids getting heavier.

I was woken up by the arms wrapped around my waist, I quickly turned around and found Zhang Yixing staring at me. My heart dropped when the fact that I am pregnant popped inside my head. Should I tell him? Right now?

"Why are you frowning?" His fingers traced the crease on my forehead.

I drew a long breath, and buried my face on his neck. Heart beating rapidly, I whispered to him, "Yixing, I'm pregnant."

My breathing hitched when I felt his body tense. I shut my eyes hard, is this the part he tells me he's still not ready for this? He moved away and I almost pulled him back to me so that I wouldn't have to see his reaction.

With his brows knitted and his eyes filled with shock, he asked, "W-We're having a baby?"

My lips quivered, trying to suppress the tears but instead of asnwering his question, I ended up crying. I covered my face with both of my hands, "I-I'm sorry, I'm s-sorry." I mumbled repeatedly.