s h i w u

ERRORS AHEAD

TWEET: #IARWLOE
——

I STARED once more at the full length mirror in front of me, judging the yellow dress that I am wearing right now. Four dresses are scattered on my bed, those were the ones I've changed earlier and now I think wearing yellow for today doesn't look good. I reached for the zipper on my back and removed it. Turning around, my eyes caught the white dress hanging inside the closet. I haven't worn that yet, I thought.

Perfect was the word that popped inside my mind when I looked at the mirror after wearing the dress. This is just the perfect choice. I glanced at my Chanel wristwatch and found out that Yixing might be here soon. Quickly, I took the nude pair of flats that I have and grabbed my sling bag and my gift for him.

Today is Zhang Yixing's birthday, he's officially sixteen and I can't be more than happy to be spending this day with him. I was singing A Whole New World as I go down the grand staircase, I couldn't sleep well last night because of Yixing's question so I had to go and watch Disney movies to kill time but I ended up sleeping somewhere near the ending of Aladdin.

I sat comfortably on the couch, the maids asked me if I am to eat lunch at home today but I told them that I'll be out for the whole day.

"Will you be eating dinner here, Miss?"

I bit my lower lip, "I'm afraid not. I'll call you if I end up getting home earlier than I expect." She nodded her head, I thanked her before she bowed her head before leaving.

"Miss Xu Yan," I turned my head to look at the butler who just came inside, "your visitor has arrived."

A bright smile was plastered on my face, Yixing is here already! I rose to my feet and headed outside, making sure that I'm not leaving anything behind. Bag, check. Money, check. Gift, check! Polaroid, check!

Zhang Yixing was already there when I got out of the house, he was wearing a white button shirt tucked in his black slacks. Oh, my. Are we going somewhere formal today? He automatically smiled when he spotted me approaching him, "You look beautiful."

I know that already, I almost said. "Happy birthday!" I handed him my gift which he accepted.

"You didn't have to bother but thank you. What is this?" He asked.

I smiled cheekily, "Just open it!"

He chuckled, shaking his head, as he opens the paper bag. He took out a rectangular box, glancing at me. "Open it!" I repeated. A couple of hours are spent inside the mall earlier, thinking of what I should buy for him. It's his first birthday with me and I just can't let it go without giving him anything although I'm sure we still have lots of birthdays to spend together in the future.

He lifted the cover of the box, his face brightened up at the sight of the necklace with the silver chain and cross pendant. I figured out that maybe this is something he would like since he has one with a smaller cross and black string. "Thank you!" He said.

I took the necklace out of the box, "Come, I'll put it on you." I tapped his shoulder so he would lean down because he's too tall for me and I might have a hard time putting it on him. He straightened when I was done. Gosh, it looks perfect on him.

His hand touched the cross but his eyes were focused on mine, "Thank you, Xu Yan." The smile on his face just made me feel like I made the right choice choosing the right gift... and loving the right man.

We hailed the cab after that, the driver asked where we are heading and I waited for Yixing to answer because he wouldn't tell me where last night. "Window of the World," he said which made me glance at him, surprised.