s a n s h i

ERRORS AHEAD

See... fast updates happen when you comment a lot. So let's keep on leaving comments so we can finish early and start Kyungsoo and Youngjin, okay? ;)

Now everyone is desperate for a happy ending... have I already given you sad ones? Hmm.

——

I WOKE up with the sound of my phone ringing. Zhang Yixing. Even the thought of his name tastes bitter in my mouth. The idea of ignoring it was a better choice compared to answering it but I was afraid it would be about Zian so ended up doing so.

"Why?" I didn't mean it to but my voice sounded cold, probably because I just woke up. I've been crying for hours that I unconsciously fell asleep, my eyes feel sore and I don't feel hungry at all. There's just a painful feeling in my chest and a throbbing one in my temple.

Zian's laughter can be heard through the call. A part of me was relieved that he seems alright now but a part of me was more hurt that he seems okay without me. Not new to him anyway, I've been away for six years and lived like I didn't have a son waiting for me here.

[Zian's fever has gone down, and I want to know if you're oka—]

I dropped the call.

I know the good news now, no need for shitty lies. Hearing his voice before made me feel at ease and calm but hearing it now sends nothing to me but agony and despair. How can someone I love so much, and still love, be someone that gives me the most painful feeling ever existed?

What happened in those six years that I was away? What made him take Chenhui as his girlfriend? What made them together? Did he love her all along? Did they ever think of me? Did they ever consider what I would feel? Did they ever think I'll be back?

So many questions are clouding inside my head and all of them leads to me as the root cause of it all. Only if I hadn't remove my memories, only if I was strong enough to take the impact and not avoid the thought of the accident. I spent more hours with my crying spells, pitying over myself, trying to find a logical reason why Yixing and Chenhui would do that to me but I can't seem to find one.

Everything says this situation is more fucked up than I thought it was.

The front door clicked open and I knew someone I didn't want to see is already here. Doesn't he even know how I don't want him to be here? Not long enough, the bedroom door swung open and he slid inside, carefully. I was lying on my stomach, watching him with so much resentment.

Worry burned in his eyes. Liar.

Why did you bring me back? Why did you make me feel like you still love me? What happened? What happened... to your promises?

"Xu Yan," he attempted to come closer but I immediatly sat up. I almost groaned in pain, my head throbbed excruciatingly. Damn.

I harshly removed the blankets above me and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth, I held my hand up to stop him when he tried to follow me, "Don't move."

It felt like my gums are about to bleed as I brush my teeth with so much force, displacing my anger to him... to them. Wiping my face with a towel, I asked him, "What do you want?" Walking past from where he's standing and heading to the living room but before I can sit, he reached out and held my arm.

"What's wrong, Xu Yan?"

That was my call, I pulled my arm away from him, "What is wrong?" I shot the question back to him. "What's wrong is letting someone else take my place in my son's life, Zhang Yixing!" I pushed his shoulder heavily, "What's wrong is having my best friend as your girlfriend while I was away! What's wrong is everything you did when I was alone on my own in Korea, not knowing anything!"