s h i

ERRORS AHEAD

TWEET: #IARWLOE
——

SUMMER FLEW like a bliss, I went to Shanghai and spent it there although without my parents, I was able to enjoy it because I travelled in all the beautiful places around Shanghai. It ended without me even noticing, I headed back to Changsha because school is about to start.

A new school year. More memories wth Chenhui... and hopefully, with Yixing too.

"Xu Yan!"

I turned around and saw Chenhui running to me, I screamed at the sight of her new haircut. Her hair is now bob and it looks really good at her, "Tiān na!" I hugged her tightly and held her soft black hair. She looks like a doll!

My face lit up at the sight of DongAh behind her, he waved his hand and smiled at me. Chenhui is now his girlfriend, the details are not clear yet but what matters is that he makes her happy! My dear friend told me the news over the phone when I was on my 8th week in Shanghai back then, I was so happy for her!

Chenhui pulled away and stood beside her boyfriend, a genuine smile on her face, "I want to formally introduce him as my boyfriend."

I squealed so hard that I didn't care if our new classmates are giving me the weird looks right now. "Oh, my gosh! I'm so happy for you, guys!"

DongAh gave me a shy smile while Chenhui's face is now flushed. We chatted for a few minutes before DongAh excused himself to go back to his classroom. He's our senior and a year older than Chenhui and me who are both fifteen now.

At lunch, I kept looking around, hoping that I would see Yixing but I guess he has a different lunch time. I'm not sure which section he is in but I'll go try to look for his room after eating lunch. Chenhui and I talked about our summer escapades, she went to Beijing with her parents for a week. "Did you see Yixing during summer?" I asked before munching my dumplings.

"Sometimes," she replied.

The excitement of seeing him just keeps on getting stronger and stronger every minute that passes! I want to know if he grew taller or if he had his hair cut, basically anything! We had ice cream that night before he walked me home, I invited him inside but he refused, saying that his parents are waiting for him home. I felt bad for making him go home that late when it's also raining but he insisted that it's alright and he's trying to make it up to me.

DongAh came just right after I finished my lunch, I don't usually eat fast but I have to go and search for Yixing.

Chenhui gestured me to go, "Go. Find him."

I smiled at her and waved at DongAh before heading to the building. I took a series of deep breaths as my head turns to check every window if he's inside the classroom. Finally, I spotted him inside the classroom at the end of the hallway which is also beside the stairs. I pouted at the thought that the chance of him walking past my room will lessen now because he doesn't have to do that anymore.

He's in the middle of a class, Chinese Literature maybe because that's wht is written on the board. He looks really bored but it seems like he's trying to keep his attention on the teacher discussing in front. Now that I figured out, his lunch time is different from mine and his classroom is also far from mine. Our schedules don't fit and I won't be seeing him often from now on.

I giggled when I saw him yawn but my giggle faded when his head tilted in my direction. My immediate reaction should be hiding but I didn't, I actually stood frozen on my spot. His forehead creased at the sight of me, I gave him an awkward smile and a peace sign instead before walking away. Oh, my gosh! He caught me staring at me! He'll probably think that I'm a stalker or anything near that! Shit, the Earth can literally swallow me right now!