s a n s h i q i

ERROR AHEAD

"So, dinner?"

I blinked some more before I realized that it was really him, my arms had their own mind because I found myself hugging him. "Tian na, you've become more handsome!" If there's a person that is another big part of my life, it would be him. He was such a great friend to me and it's a shame I didn't have enough time to actually call his number or even visit him for the past year.

His arms slid around me, pulling me closer, whispering on my ear, "And you're still as beautiful as ever."

I grinned upon hearing that, he still got that sweet tongue of his, huh? "And you're still the old Zhou Minghua."

I noticed how his arms tightened, but I ignored it and enjoyed his presence in front of me.

He sighed, "Yes, still the old one."

I was too excited that I told the crew that I'll be out today because I'll be catching up with this old friend who came here today. Minghua was even laughing at me because he only wanted dinner but I'm offering my whole day just for him. He opened up the car's door for me, "Buckle up, Miss Xu." Before closing it and slid into the driver's seat. "I must be someone special for you to skip work today."

Of course, he's a really good friend of mine. How can I not spend the day with him when it's my first time to see him after so many years? Instead of answering him, I just smiled and put the seatbelt on me.

He drove to a really good restaurant that is famous for their burgers, I assumed he also likes this place because I don't think he knows that I usually go here with Zian since he loves their burgers. We went inside and he pulled out a chair for me which makes me realize that it's been so long since someone did that for me.

The waiter approached us and we both ordered their best seller, Minghua also ordered canned beers that I didn't know they serve. "Is it okay for you to drink because you know, you're driving." I asked, watching him clean the lid of the cans of beer.

He glanced at me with a hint of smile on his face, "Don't worry, you will never be harmed when I'm around." He handed me my opened beer.

Woah, I raised my eyebrows and sipped some. "You're still the old flirt, Zhou Minghua. Aren't you married yet?" We both stopped chatting for a while when the server came back with our orders, my eyes must've turned into heart shapes when I saw french fries. This is making me salivate, I didn't wait for him to answer and quickly ate a fry.

He chuckled at me, my eyes watched as he took my burger and opened them for me before giving it back, "Here."

I decided to just ignore his gestures and thought that maybe this is how he treats his friends, "So?"

Instead of answering my question, he just shot another back at me, "Are you married?"

I lowered my gaze and shook my head, "No." Well, I used to but not anymore because some marriages are not bound to work.

His lips curved into a smile, "Then I'm not married."

I almost cursed under my breath when I realized what he was implying, "No way." I whispered, I waited for him to admit he's joking but he didn't. Wow, wait. This is too much to process. Well, he's just what, 25? 24? So it's possible that he's just not married yet because he could also be busy with his work.

He propped his chin on his hand, leaning towards the table and staring right at me with that playful smile on his face, "I told you I'll wait for your text, right?" What text? Did he get my number? Was he my client? Does he know that DongAh gave me his number? "Your text never came."