s h i j i u

ERRORS AHEAD

Ps. COMMENTS, EVERYONE? :D

TWEET: #IARWLOE
——

I HURRIEDLY ran my way to the bathroom and puked everything that's inside my stomach. A hand caressed my back as I continue throwing up, almost hugging the toilet. Ugh, this feels awful.

"Are you sure you're alright?"

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and stood on my feet with the help of Yixing, giving him a nod before gurgling mouth wash. The image I see in front of the mirror is a pale girl who looks like someone who hasn't eaten in days. Beside my was Yixing, his eyes were staring at me full with concern and worry. I spat the mouth wash and turned to smile at him, even if I feel like a little lighter than I used to before. "I'm okay," I reassured him.

His mother was standing just outside the bathroom door, "Are you allergic to anything, Xu Yan? I must've put something wrong in our food."

"No, Mama. Maybe I'm just a little off today but I'm alright." I shook my head, heat creeping up on my cheeks. Embarrassed that I've been bringing trouble since I moved in with them. I'm shameless, I know, but I just don't have any other choice.

The night I came here, I slept with Yixing and decided to tell the rest of the family once they wake up the same day. They accepted me with warm welcomes and pity all over their faces as I told them what happened. I actually had no plans of telling them how pitiful my life is but I think they deserve to know everything in exchange of keeping me here and treating me like their family.  I also told them about the video and handed the phone with them just in case my mother barges in here, trying to take me away which actually happened a few days later.

Yixing's parents decided to hide me inside the room as they talk with my mother, she was hysterical but at the same time, she was able to keep her voice low. Yixing's father took care of the matter and blackmailed my mom that they will release the video and sue my mother for physical abuse if she tries to take me away. My mother was smart enough to throw the idea of taking me back because she'd rather lose me than risk the company's current state just because of the video.

They were able to coerce her into letting me stay here and send me money instead of suing her. I was the one who told them to take money from her so that I wouldn't have to burden them into spending money for me and they agreed not because of the same reason but because they explained to me that it is my right as their child and it is their duty as my parents to provide for me. Yixing's mom helped me create my own bank account where my parents can send money but when I offered it to them, they declined. 'We already treat you as our own, you don't have to worry about it because we are willing to provide for you. You can just save the money and spend it when you need it.' was what his mom said.

My mother was entirely wrong when she told me that Yixing and his family is only after our money.

They give me allowance and spend money for my school expenses. From their own pockets to me, someone who's not even related to them.

Yixing, on the other hand, is in favor of our current situation. When asked why, all he said was 'because I can see you whenever I want and I can make sure you're alright.' His family kicked him out of his room and made me stay there, Zhang Yixing is currently sleeping on the couch every night for two months already. I didn't like it at first, I felt bad causing all this stress to him.

"Can you really go to school?" His mom raised her hand to feel my forehead and my neck, checking my temperature.

I hugged her instead, "I'm okay, I promise I'll go to the infirmary once I feel worse."