Chapter Twelve

Aija's POV
    Why is he keeping all of these secrets?

    Marriage? To her? Why does he keep stringing me along just to tear me down by secrets? Is it me? I'm starting to think that it would be best if I just stay friends with him.

    Every time we get on a good page something always comes up. I think I should just focus on myself and my daughter.

    That's it! That's what I'm going to do. I don't have time for secrets and lies. I'm too damn grown for that.

    I get brought out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. It's my alarm that's telling me it's time for work.

    I sigh. I got up out of bed and placed pillows around Ava. I needed her to sleep with me last night it was the only way I would have gotten any rest. I hopped into the shower and did my hygiene and then got out.

    I dried off and put a robe on and started on my makeup.

    I don't wear a lot, I just fill in my eyebrows, a few swipes of mascara, blush, and chapstick on my lips. Once I finished I put my curly hair half up and half down.

    I went to my dresser and put on a black and white polka dot bra and panties set. I grabbed Ava's Johnson lotion and rubbed myself down. I grabbed my uniform and shoes from the closet and put them both on.

    I went to the bed and grabbed Ava. I went into the bathroom and filled the tub some with water to bathe her. Once I finished I dried her off and laid her on the bed.

    I put her diaper on her and rubbed lotion on her. I went to her dresser and put on her a white dress with rose gold sandals.

    I grabbed her hair things and sat on the bed with her between my legs. I put the TV on Barney so she can be occupied and stay still while I did her hair.

    I did the top half into two ponytails and the bottoms half I just rubbed moisturizer and curling cream through it and combed it out.

    I grabbed her diaper bag and made sure that she had everything that she'll need for today and then grabbed Ava and went downstairs.

    I went to the kitchen and placed Ava in her high chair. I went to the sink and washed my hands and then went to the refrigerator and grabbed some grapes and grabbed a banana from the fruit basket on the bar.

    I cut up the banana and rinsed off the grapes and then gave it to Ava for her breakfast. While she ate I started on my breakfast. I started cooking breakfast which consisted of waffles, eggs, bacon, and hash browns.

    I made enough for both Jayceon and I. Even if I'm mad at him I'll still make sure that he's good. Once I finished I ate and then cleaned up the dishes I used and cleaned up Ava's mess and her face.

    I went into Jayceon's garage and grabbed a set of keys to his black 2017 Range Rover and got Ava's car seat that was onside of the garage door. I strapped Ava in her car seat and got into the drivers seat.

    I started the car and hit the button for the garage to go up. Once it did I pulled out and waited for it to close and then I headed to Ms.Mabel's to drop Ava off.

    I pulled up outside of the daycare and I turned the car off and got out. I grabbed Ava and her things and went into the building. I was greeted by Ms.Mabel at the check in counter.

    "Good morning Aija. How are you sweetie?" Ms.Mabel said smiling.

"Good morning, I'm okay. How are you?"

"I'm great honey, but you don't seem as if you're okay. What's going on?"

"I'm fine Ms.Mabel."