Chapter Twenty-Seven

Jayceon's POV
    "She's beautiful man. Congratulations." I told Keith as I watched him and Mel stare at their newborn daughter.

    "Thanks man, she's a blessing." He replied before he kissed Mel. I turned my head away from them because that was a moment that's between them two. I looked back at them seen them lookin' at each other with love and I'll admit I'm low key feelin' a certain type of way.

    That should've been me and Aija five years ago when she had Jayvion, but I never got the chance to have that experience

    That should've been me and Aija five years ago when she had Jayvion, but I never got the chance to have that experience. I never got the chance to see my son being brought into the world. I never got the chance to tell Aija how much I love her and how much my respect for her has increased as I watched her bring life into the world. I never got the chance to whisper sweet nothings in her ear as she cursed me out because I would've no doubt have gotten on her nerves.

    I sat back in the chair and thought about all of the major events in my kid's and Aija's life that I've missed and I'll never be able to get those back. I truly believe that me being away from my family for this long was necessary because it allowed my family to remain safe and it provided me with the opportunity to kill the bitch ass niggas that shot at me and tried to get at my family.

    "Aye bro you good over there?" Keith sat in the chair on side of me.

    "Yeah, I'm good bro. Just thinking." I rubbed my chin.

    "About what?"

    "It's nothing. I'm good. You don't need to hear about my problems when you just had a beautiful baby girl." I nodded towards Mel who was burping the baby.

    "Nah man we family. And family look after one 'nother. Wassup?" He countered.

    "It's this shit with Aija and my family man. My boys hate me, Aija hates me, and I'm sure Aija's dad hates me. The only one who seems to be happy that I'm back is Ava." I sigh.

    "I'm not surprised that Ava's happy that you're back. When you were here when she was younger y'all were joined at the fucking hips. Everywhere you went Ava's cry baby ass followed. The boys just have to warm up to you. They met you in a fucked up situation, a man had just put his hands on their momma and then some random black ass dude comes in talkin' 'bout he they pops. Shit a lil skeptical and besides they hella protective over Aija, as I know you would want them to be. Y'all got some bad ass kids and let me tell you them mothafuckas some damn demons, but once you get to know them you can't help but to love them. And once they get to know you they'll love and respect you just as they do Aija. Y'all gone be fine man I'm tellin' you. And Aija could never hate you man she's just mad and hurt that you weren't really dead as they all thought for the past five years. She still loves you man, Mel and Mia had to spend countless nights every month at y'all house just to hold Aija because she was cryin' over you or she just felt like she couldn't cope without you being there. Just give her some time and I'm sure she'll come around. Now as for her dad, yeah yo ass is fucked bro. There's four things you don't mess with when it comes to him and that's Sierra, Aija, his grandkids, and his snacks. Bro I'm tellin' you this mothafucka almost broke my hand once cause I took a kit kat without askin' him." He shook his head before pattin' my back and going back to Mel. I don't think he realized that he left me with a lot to think about.