Chapter Twenty-Five

Aija's POV
5 years later...
My life changed drastically during the past years. I'm now twenty five with three children that are a year apart from each other in age; Ava's now six, JJ is five, and Jayvion is four. When these three get together there's always mischief and laughter following them. My kids have honestly been my saving grace and I wouldn't change a thing about them, even though they bad as hell. JJ's the tallest of them all to say he's the middle child, everyone says he's tall for his age but his daddy was tall so I know he's going to be tall like him.

Ava's quiet, yet don't let it fool you because her mouth is very reckless; JJ is the "protector" he's very protective of his siblings and his mommy; and Jayvion is the clown, no matter what situation he's in he always makes jokes. He gets that from his annoying Uncle Keith with his childish ass. Speaking of Keith, he and Mel are now married. They married three years ago and she's currently pregnant with their second child. Their first child, Taylor, is five years old. Tyler and Mia are engaged and they have a three month old son named Devin. He's the cutest baby I've ever seen, after my kids of course.

Tyler and Keith turned away from the drug business and turned their illegal money into legal money and both own businesses. After they quit the drug business they went to school for business and now Tyler owns hotels and strip clubs all over America and Keith owns barbershops and tattoos shops that are very popular around town and he's even expanded some shops to Louisiana a year ago and has been thinking of expanding even further.

After I had Jayvion I immediately went to work and I absolutely love my job, it's what I've always wanted to do. I'm a pediatric nurse and I only work part-time because I have to be home with my kids, but money isn't an issue because Jayceon left all of his money to the kids and I. Jayceon. It's been five years since his death and I miss him more and more as the days go by. The kids and I go to his grave three times a month and they understand that daddy loves them, but he's not able to be here with them to protect them. I'm always telling them stories about their dad and explaining how much they remind me of him.

Five years ago I forgave my mother for all of the things that she's done to me. The relationship in the beginning was rocky because it was hard for me to forgive her, but with the help of her husband Tony, a therapist, and God we were able to overcome our issues and we're closer than ever. She asked for Ava again but this time instead of yelling at her I explained to her the relationship that I have with Ava and how I would feel if she was taken away from me. She eventually understood and she even let's Ava call her grandma. My mom and Tony married six months after I met him and we've grown closer. The kids even call him grandpa and they love going to their grandparents house. Tony and I have grown close as well, so close that I call him dad, he's done for me more than my biological dad has and I truly appreciate that. He's a real man, he stepped up and claimed the title for someone that isn't biologically his. Even though I'm a grown ass woman it's still nice having a father figure in my life.

My mom and dad adopted a little boy two years ago. His name is Aaron and he's the cutest kid ever especially when he smiles because his dimples show. I know he's going to be a ladies man I'm just praying that he treats them right.

 I know he's going to be a ladies man I'm just praying that he treats them right