Chapter Eighteen

Aija's POV
       Wakin' up this morning was a task for me because my throat hurt tremendously and I didn't feel well at all. It's been a few days since we've went to Delonda's dad's house and I haven't felt the same since.

       Experiencin' what I did took a huge toll on me because I've never been in that predicament before nor did I ever see myself bein' in that sort of situation. I can't blame Jayceon for what happened and I would never place the blame on him. He's doin' that to himself though.

       Over the course of the last few days Jayceon hasn't touched me, hasn't spoken more than a few words to me, and he also hasn't looked me directly in the eyes. I know that the guilt is eating him alive because he believes that it's his fault, when it's really David's fault for puttin' his hands on me.

       I haven't spoken to anyone about what went down because when I try to form sentences about the incident I get choked up and I start shakin'. It's gotten to the point where Jayceon doesn't even sleep in the same room as me because he's beatin' himself up so bad. Mia and Mel have been here the past few days to help me and make sure that I keep sane and eat.

       I've told Jayceon countless times that it's not his fault but he never believes me and just stays locked up in Ava's room. Him and Ava have spent every wakin' moment together since the incident and whenever I occasionally have her Jayceon stays far away from me and he's always mute.

       The gang has been spending nights here to help us cope with the situation and Ms.Mabel has even spent nights and days here with us. I slowly rise out of bed and go into the bathroom. I turned the water to the temperature I wanted and let the water heat up. I slipped out of my clothes and got into the shower.

       I let the warm water run over my body as I replayed the events that has effected me majorly in the past few days.

Flashback

    Jayceon glanced at the clock and then subtly nodded at Delonda and I which let us know that the plan has officially began. Jayceon wrapped an arm around Delonda and began whisperin' in her ear.

"Hey love birds not at the table. There's a room upstairs, use that." He said placin' his hand back on my thigh after I knocked it off.

They nodded and got up headed towards the door to leave the dining room.

"Don't use protection! I want to be a grandpa. At least one of my kids will make me proud." He yelled after them. Once they were out of sight he turned back to me, "Now where were we?"

I swallowed the little bit of vomit that just came up and threw him a small smile.

"So..."

    He inched his chair closer to mines and leaned further into my side, "What's a beautiful girl like you doing single?" He questioned.

    I swallowed hard and forced a smile on to my face, "Who said I was single?"

    He chuckled and nodded. "Well Ms.Aija are you single?"

    "Yes." I vaguely reply. The look on his face gives me the creeps beyond belief. He has this sinister look in his eyes that I don't like at all. I'm praying that Jayceon and Delonda find whatever it is that they need and hurry the hell up. David's been giving me the chills ever since I've stepped foot into this dining room.

    "Good. That's very good." He leaned towards me and tried to kiss me, I hurriedly turned my head and his lips connected with my cheek. He chuckled and opened his mouth to speak until his phone began ringing. He angled it where I couldn't see the screen and glanced at the screen. He excused himself and left out of the dining room.