Chapter Thirty-Five

Aija's POV
    "Y'all ready to kick some ass?" Mr.Darnell asked.

    "Shut yo old ass up. The only the you gone kick is the bucket." Dad replied.

    We all laughed. Ever since they met they've had a goofy sort of friendship.

    "Focus. Now." I snapped at them. I need to get my daughter and man and bring them home safely.

    "Wait stop. Do you guys hear that?" My dad stopped us. I stood still and listened to see what he meant. Once I focused on listenin' I heard multiple gunshots in the distance.

    I feared the worst so I took off in the direction the gunshots came from.

    "Aija wait. Dammit." My dad mumbled before I heard the others runnin' after me.

    I stopped suddenly when I seen a group of men standin' a few feet away from the front entrance. I felt arms wrap around me and pull me back, "We can't go in blind baby then we won't be savin' them but killin' them and us." My dad whispered in my ear.

    My daughter and the love of my life is in that warehouse. Where tons of gunshots are ringin' and all they want me to do is stand here. Like hell I will.

    Before I could pull away from my dad I heard a door bang open. My head shot up and I focused on the people leavin' out the door.

    "Oh my god dad that's Jayceon and Ava." I sobbed.

    "We need a new plan, now." Mel whispered.

    We all looked at my dad and he sighed, "Okay, this is what we'll do."

Jayceon's POV
    Once the bodies started droppin' the guys and I started shootin' them as well. The first person I shot was Deshonda, I shot her more than once to make sure that her ass was dead.

    "We need to start movin'. NOW!" I yelled. We stopped shootin' and the guys surrounded me as I held Ava and we started runnin' towards the way we left the SUVs.

    I became more alerted when I heard multiple footsteps followin' us.

    "Wait." Someone yelled.

    I turned around and seen Aija and our family runnin' towards us.

    "Mommy!" Ava yelled before wigglin' out of my embrace and runnin' into Aija's open arms. Aija fell to the ground and cried into Ava's shoulder.

    I walked over to them and held them both kissin' their foreheads.

    I picked them up and everyone ran to Ava kissin' and huggin' her while I held Aija in my arms.

    "Thank you. Thank you for bringin' our baby back to us." She mumbled into my chest.

    "Always." I replied. I sighed, this woman right here is amazing. I'm gonna have to wife her up, and quick.

*****

One month later
    It's been a month since Ava's been back home and at first things were a bit rocky but as time went by we all adjusted. I wanted to move away from here by Aija argued that we just moved and the kids loved it here. Besides she didn't want to keep movin' the kids, she wanted stability and I promised her that.

    After we brought Ava back home I handed the trap business to the heavy hitters and vowed to never go back. Unless it's necessary of course.

    "Hey." Aija mumbled walkin' into the kitchen rubbin' her eyes.

    "Wassup gorgeous." I pecked her lips before goin' back to stirrin' the shrimp stew.