Chapter 8

Victoria

I slid past the guys smoking on the porch and bagged on the door to the house Keenon told me to meet him at so I could tutor him tonight. I felt bad for him, especially after what he said had happened to him a few years ago when he was in his Junior year with actual people from his grade. 

Once his girlfriend got pregnant with his daughter he devoted his time to her, the baby and getting money so he could raise his family. A regular 9-5 wouldn't cut it so he had to go out and sell on the streets for his family but once that began coming a major part of his life he had to drop out of school and fully commit to the streets, which he's been doing for the past few years. Now, Keenon's no drug lord but he's making damn good money from what I hear but just not enough to get him or his daughter out of the hood.

When the screen on the door opened up a tall, very plump older man walked out of the house with Keenon following behind him. The guy was just about to push past me, and disregard me for some hoe, when he began smiling. "Now I know those pretty brown eyes, those freckles and that hair from anywhere. You must be King and Sincere's daughter."

I smiled. "Yeah, I am."

"You know before your Dad ran these streets he actually used to work for me as one of the boys selling dope on the corner but he worked hard and look where he's at now. He's retired from the game, has a gorgeous wife and three beautiful children. You're looking more and more like your Mother," He complimented me because I knew my Mom was beyond gorgeous.

"Thank you," I replied.

"I'm about to head out of here but tell King to give me a call one of these days so we can catch up on old business."

I nodded my head. "Will do, sir."

He chuckled. "Call me Benny, you'll be hearing my name around here a lot more often now," He warned before walked down the steps and climbing into the newly washed Audi R8 that was sitting outside of the house.

I turned to Keenon, who was smiling. "Ah. You're the daughter of King that I've heard so much about. Are you really what I hear?"

I smiled. "That depends on what you've heard," I replied.

"Nothing but good things. Brains, beauty and a bangin' body. I heard good things but I didn't know you'd look this good and to think I ran into this mystery girl I've been hearing about for so long at school. Maybe I need to start going there more often," He joked.

I laughed. "Yeah, you need to start going to school but not for me but for your daughter. Can I come inside?" I asked.

He nodded his head and moved over so I could inside of but once I walked in I was completely thrown off guard. Compared to the outside of the house I was expecting the inside to be a dump but it wasn't. He was actually clean and up to my standards.

I qickly turned around when I felt somebody starring at me. Keenon's eyes quickly looked back up into my eyes as a smirk appeared on his face. "Keep your eyes on mine Keenon," I ordered. "Where do we go so we can study?"

"The kitchen," He said pointing back to the kitchen, that was clearly visible from where we were standing. "Lead the way."

I raised an eyebrow. "No, you lead the way." I knew making him get in front of me would stop him from starring at me, so I saved myself the trouble of telling him to stop when I knew he'd do it if he was behind me. We both sat down at his kitchen table while I waited on him to pull his books out. "So, what do you need help with the most?" I asked him. 

He chuckled and scratched the back of his head. "Everything."

"Oh, well what's the most difficult subject for you?"