Chapter 13

Victoria

Here I was, wasting my Friday evening at this hotel party Keenon dragged me to with a bunch of his drug dealing friends. Don't get me wrong it was a hype party, but it wasn't my kind of party nor were these my kind of people to hang around with. I mean, there were a couple people from the school here, and even Teddy and his hoes, but nobody I really wanted to talk to. 

I sipped on the Coke in my hands as my eyes wondered around the crowded hotel room. Surprisingly, my parents let me come out tonight, seeing as though I never go out. I think they were just trying to get me out of the house so they could be alone. E.J. was at Granny's, Deonte was staying the night with his football team at the coach's house tonight and Teddy and I are at this party, so Mama and Daddy were all alone.

My eyes stopped on Keenon, who had a joint in one hand and a cup full of liquor in the other. I know by the time we leave, or even an hour from now, that's he's going to be too messed up to even let me take him home. I don't know why he'd drag me to this party if all he's going to do is get wasted with his friends. I could have stayed home if that's what he wanted to do.

This week at school had been an eye opener for me. I had been getting close with Keenon, while my friendship with Theodore slowly began to fade away. Don't get me wrong, I still have love for Theodore but his player ways are starting to catch up with him. We've been through too much for him to play me like I'm some hoe, so I'm done with him and I've moved on to somebody better.

I stood up from the wall and began easing my way through the hotel room, even though it was packed with tons of people who wouldn't move because they were getting twerks or doing the twerking and grinding themselves. I pushed myself through the last set of people before reaching the balcony, where some people were smoking and where others were trying to catch their breath from the inside. 

I was on my way over to a chair, when I spotted Theodore, who was entertaining some thot, like always. I knew he was feeding her crap by the way she was smiling in his face, flipping her hair and how she had her hands all over him. The girl couldn't keep her hands to herself, and it was bothering me.

I built up all of the little bit of courage I had in my body to approach them, and when I did they never acknowledged my presence. Theodore continued smiling in her face, showing off his dimples and telling this girl lies so he could bed her. This is how he always catches his victims. He comes to huge parties like this and spots them out. When he finally gets them alone, he runs the line on them:

"I spotted you out through everybody else in the room. You know you got to be lookin' right girl."

He fed hoes that same line at every party, but it never failed. Naive hoes fell for the line, his trick and his game but always expected more the night after like they weren't more than one night stands.

"I didn't know you were here Theodore," I smiled, even though you could tell how angry I am just from looking at him. I didn't want to be with Theodore anymore, it was just my jealousy kicking in. If I wasn't going to be with Theodore, then nobody is. I know I sound like some crazy, jealous, ex girlfriend but I didn't want, nor did I like, him entertaining hoes while I was around. "How come you didn't tell me you were going out?"

He sighed and looked over at me. "What?" He asked, clearly upset.

"You heard me."

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't need to tell you everything."

"I never said you did," I sighed. "Can you come in and dance with me?" I asked, trying to grab his hand but he snatched it back before looking over at the girl, who was wondering what the hell was going on.