Chapter 19

Victoria

That night Teddy got released from the hospital but he was silent. He'd occasionally talk to Mama when she'd ask how he was doing but other than that he wouldn't say anything to anyone, not even me. I feel so terrible about what happened earlier but I just want to help Theodore the best way that I can. I know right now might be the worse time to try talking to him, so I'll give him some time.

I walked past Theodore's room and down the hall to mine. I was just about to walk into my room until I heard Mama yelling at somebody over the phone. I stood up against her door, with my ear pressed against it so I could hear. Thankfully, she had the phone on speaker. I scrunched up my face. What was she doing talking to Daddy right now?

"What the hell do you want me to do Effrin," she yelled.

"I don't know what the fuck you trying to do but you can't keep me away from my damn kids any longer."

"Yesterday was the first time I've seen or heard of you in over a month. Don't think I'm going to let you see them when this is the first time you've even tried to make an effort."

"I'm tired of kissing your ass all of the time," Daddy replied. "That's why I'm not making an effort."

"No, you're just being a bastard again. That's all."

"You don't want me to call you what you're being right now Sin."

"Call me a bitch," Mama demanded.

"Nah, you already said it. Just stop messing around and let me see my damn kids."

"No!"

"Alright, don't think I'm not going to call them people and get you arrested," Daddy said.

"Call who? And get me arrested for taking care of my kids because their Dad is a damn fool," Mama asked.

"I'm gonna take you to court if I can't see the kids."

"You don't care about them and you can come see Deonte. He's 18, and by a court of law he's an adult and can make his own decisions but you can't see him at my house. You can set up a date and you can see your son," Mama replied.

"And what about my other two kids?"

"Oh the little boy whose name needs to be changed," Mama asked.

"Yeah and my little girl. I want to see my fucking kids."

"They're not of legal age, so it's up to me. Like I said, you can see Deonte since he's 18 but not my other two kids," Mama said.

"Whatever, expect a surprise visit from me one of these days. Did you get the gift I sent you?"

"I didn't even look at it before I sent it back. It should be back tomorrow," Mama replied.

"Yeah, and I'll just send it back. Baby?"

"What?"

"I for real from the bottom of my heart sincerely miss you," he said before he laughed. "See how I did that? I sincerely miss Sincere."

Mama sighed before slightly laughing. "You're so goofy Effrin."

"Do you miss me too?"

"Yeah," Mama replied.

"Then please let me come back home."

"You can come back if you truthfully apologize to your family and tell me the truth about Cheyenne but if it's not the truth you can pack your shit and only see the kids every other weekend."