Chapter 31

Theodore

"I think this weekend is a load of bull," I mumbled.

I pulled up in front of a huge white house in Beverly Hills. Trina said she wanted me to get to know her family, and she wanted them meet me so I'm going to have dinner with them tonight and stay with them this weekend. I didn't feel comfortable staying at this house for a weekend so I bought Victoria along with me so she could meet Trina, too.

Victoria slid her warm hand into mine. "I'm sure it'll be fine. And look, at least we're out of Compton for the weekend. This is our last real weekend before the Summer ends, let's just enjoy it anyway possible. And who knows? Maybe you'll love her family."

I shook my head. "Doubt it."

Part of me wanted to stay here and find out why she left me for so long, but then the other part of me wanted to say 'Fuck it all' and turn back around. I really didn't want to be here around her new family. What would I look like showing up to her fancy house in Beverly Hills and meeting her wealthy family when I look like this?

I'm not shit.

I don't even have money compared to theirs. Victoria's family has money, but most of it's not any clean money. Some of it came from the club and the stock market but most of it's dirty, drug money that her Father earned over the years. I'll admit slangin' is a hard thing to do, and for him to make as much money as he had is a good thing, but it doesn't compare to their clean money. We're all just some niggas from the heart of Compton. 

I pulled up behind a white Bentley and parked my car in the circular driveway. 

"You ready to go in?" I asked Victoria, who was starring up at their huge home.

The biggest house I've ever seen is Victoria, but this one is so much bigger, but that doesn't even include the area around the house like the courts, the grasslands, the driveway and the huge porch they had. 

"Are you ready?" She asked.

"Hell no, but fuck it. Let's just go in," I said, climbing out of my car.

Victoria climbed out with me and went around to my truck so we could get our bags. I tried grabbing her suitcase for her but she took it out of my hands. I closed my trunk and walked up to their house, while Victoria and I stayed silent. The only sound being heard was our suitcases rolling across the pavement but I guess we were loud enough because the both of the copper, front doors opened up to reveal Trina.

I knew the doors were copper, mainly because it's what some of Benny's dope boys stole off of houses. They'd rob some of the fools down in Compton with copper gutters. They could make a couple hundred dollars just off of the copper on the houses, so I knew it was copper from a mile away.

Trina smiled once Victoria and I climbed the steps of her porch. "It's so good seeing you two again. I'm glad you two could spend the weekend with us."

"Me too," I mumbled.

Once Victoria and I walked into her house, an older white man in a suit grabbed our bags. "I'll take these upstairs to the guest bedroom Mrs. Wallace," The man spoke in a British accent. So, I'm guessing he's the butler by the way he's dressed and waiting on Trina hand and foot.

"Don't be shy you two, you can take your shoes off and make yourselves at home. Elijah and the kids will be back soon for dinner. If you don't mind, they were doing a little bit of shopping down on Rodeo Drive this afternoon. I can give you two a tour of the house if you want," Trina suggested.

I turned to Victoria, who was smiling. "That's fine," She said as she stepped out of her sandals.

I kicked off my Nike Slides and looked over at Trina's outfit before I looked down at my own. I was way under-dressed for dinner. She had on some fancy dress, while all I had on was a t shirt that exposed most of my tattoos and a pair of sweatpants. I guess I should have listened to Mama when she told me to dress up a little better than this.