Chapter 24

Theodore

I got up early the next morning so I could get some alone time with Tori at the hospital before everybody else came. I got up so early that I had to wait for visiting hours to start but I guess the nurses got tired of seeing me sitting down in the lobby, so they just let me up here.

I peeked through the window of her room and saw her eating breakfast and most likely watching cartoons. I took a deep breath and pushed the pains in my manhood to the back of my head as I knocked on her door. I stayed up all night bawling my eyes out. This shit hurts like hell, even though it's only on my tip, but I'm just too embarrassed to go to the clinic about it.

What the hell would these white doctors say when they say a nigga like me passing through because I've got Chlamydia? They'll treat me just like any other nigga that walks through.

"Come in," Victoria said loud enough for me to hear.

I put a smile on my face for her and walked into her room, carrying a few bouqet's of flowers.

She smiled when she saw all of the flowers in my hands. "I'm flattered Theodore."

I chuckled and looked back at her as I sat them up all around her room. I felt terrible about not going out with her, or else this wouldn't have happened. I feel like this is partially my fault, so I bought her four bouqet's of flowers to at least get me on her good side.

"Well I had to bring you a lil' somethin' since I came here," I said as I pulled up a chair next to her bed. "I talked to the niggas, they said they was comin' up here to see you. I'm sure they gonna bring you something too."

She squinted her eyes as she looked at my face. "You okay?" 

I sighed and nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm good. Jus' mad about what happened to you and I'm still not on good terms wit' Shyla but I'm good."

"Take off your sunglasses."

"Nah, I'm good."

She frowned. "Please?"

"Nah. Just chill Tori," I mumbled.

"Were you crying? I can hear it in your voice."

"I wasn't crying man," I sniffed. "It's just my fuckin' allergies."

"It's just my fuckin' allergies," she mocked me. "Stop lying. I know that you were crying. Your face looks puffy."

"Aight, so I was crying. So, what?" I asked, getting annoyed by her pestering me.

She took a deep breath and looked over at the TV before looking down at the jell-o on the tray in front of her. "Do you feel any pain?" She whispered.

I leaned forward. "What?" I whispered.

She sighed before shaking her head. "I just thought you hurt yourself playing basketball or something and you were really hurting, that's all. It's nothing."

I sighed and leaned back against my chair. For a second I thought she knew about what happened with me and Shy. It's gonna be embarrassing going to a clinic about this but it's gonna be even harder for me to tell her when she's had her doubts about Shy from the beginning. She's never vocalized her opinions but I can see it in the little stares she gives Shy and the way she tenses up when she's around me.

"I'm good Tori, seriously. How you feelin'?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I'm good. I could do without the scars on my face though," She laughed causing me to laugh with her.

"I like 'em. They make you look hot," I encouraged her.

Even though her face was banged up, I could still see the beauty in her scars. The doctor said she wouldn't lose the deep scar on her left cheek from when the glass went straight through her cheek and landed in her mouth but that was the only permanent one on her face. I think her scars are beautiful because they show that she's a trooper.