Chapter 25

Victoria

"I hope you get better," Keenon said as he stood up from my bed.

I sighed and looked over at the bear he got me. I appreciate him for coming here and bringing me gifts but it's not needed from. He up and left over a month ago, and he didn't even tell me what I did to make him break up with him and now he's here like nothing happened. I just can't deal with him and his games sometimes.

"Thanks," I mumbled, not really giving him anymore conversation. He had been here over three hours and I had barely said a word to him. I wasn't trying to be rude but I really didn't want to talk to him. 

"So, uh how do you feel?"

"Fine."

"When you gettin' out of here?" He asked.

"I don't know."

"Are you gon' stop talkin' to me like dat?" he asked. "I been here fa three hours and you've barely said shit to me and that ain't cool. I ain't have to go out of my way to help you and bring you shit when I need my money. That's wrong as hell."

"Well you shouldn't have left me for a month. You didn't even tell me why you broke up with me," I replied.

"Shit was complicated."

"Too complicated to tell me?" I asked. "Everyday I'd call you and tell you what was going on with me but you couldn't open up and tell me what's going on. Why should I even bother talking to you?"

"You just don't understand what's goin' on."

"Of course I don't, you haven't even told me," I said.

"And you ain't gonna know. Call me when you get out of here."

He stormed out of my room, just in time for Shyla to be walking in. She smiled at Keenon as he passed by her, still pissed off about our argument. I don't know why he's getting so upset at me for treating him like that when he just left me. He knows I wouldn't judge him about whatever's going on with him, so I don't know why he justcan't tell me.

Shyla closed the door behind Keenon and locked it, before turning around to me. "I never got the chance to ask you something before we got out of school a few weeks ago," She said as she walked over to my end of the bed.

I scrunched up my face and moved away from that side of the bed as best as I could but I didn't have much room to go anywhere. I was a wreck so I was hooked up to a couple of different machines and my knee was propped up with a brace around it since I dislocated it in the accident. 

What was she doing here? The two of us definitely don't get along so she's the last person, and I mean the last, that I'd expect to see up here alone. It would have been different if Teddy bought her up here with him but she's alone, and willing came on her own.

"What did you need to ask?" I asked as I looked up at her. From this angle in bed, she looked a lot taller than what she actually was.

She folded her arms as a smirk danced across her face. "Who told you it was alright to go around spreading me and Theodore's business to everybody at school?"

I scrunched up my face. "Huh? I don't know what you're talking about. And I'd like it if you politely unlocked my door and exited my room. I have other visitors ou--"

She didn't even let me finish before she flipped my tray of food over on me. "Listen here bitch, I don't appreciate you spreading my business."

"I di--"

"No!" She cut me off again. "I'm talking, so you be quiet."

I frowned as I watched her eyes look at the IV drip going into my arm. "What are you doing?" I asked.