Chapter 37

Theodore

"Man, this shit ain't right," Trina said as she paced back and forth in the hospital waiting room. "It just ain't right."

See, I thought Elijah was going to hold in his anger and calmly go towards the situation but he used his weapons against my birth Father and showed him who was boss. He showed him who's woman he was kissing and I don't blame him for shooting up the house we used to live in. My birth Father deserved to get shot five times. 

"Well, Elijah had a legitimate explanation to do it," Victoria spoke up.

Unsurprisingly, it was just me, Victoria and Trina in the hospital waiting room. Nobody else wanted to be bothered with this drama, but Victoria made me come. She said I should be supportive of them even though they haven't done anything for me. They're still my parents and that's really the only reason why I'm still sitting here. But I honestly could care less. 

I lost major respect for Trina when she kissed him in front of her family, and I don't blame Elijah for going back and shooting up my old house. I would have done the same thing if I were him, and maybe even something worse but Trina has no room to complain about what Elijah did. Any man would have lashed out against my birth Father and possibly even Trina for embarrassing him like that in front of so many people and his family.

Trina snapped her head around. "Excuse me?" She asked, walking over to Victoria and I. "There's no legitimate reason for someone to shoot someone else. There's no excuse for what Elijah did."

"Maybe you should have kissed him like that. Elijah is your husband, and he kind of had the right to do it," Victoria replied.

I knew Victoria was only trying to help, but Trina took her words the wrong way. Trina shook her head. "He had no right to do that!"

I sighed. "And what about your kids? How do you think they felt when they saw you kissing a man other than their Father? How do you think Elijah felt when you got up and kissed him? He looks like a fuckin' bum on the streets. He's got Omarion braids and hasn't shaved in months. Why would you want somebody who can't even take care of his kid?" I asked before I scoffed. "Figures. You can't take care of your kids either, so you two must make a perfect match."

"Don't talk to me like that Theodore. I had a reason to leave."

"There's no reason to leave behind your kid, especially when you're a Mother. If you left, I should have been the first thing you took. You shouldn't have left me behind."

"I had no choice!" Trina exclaimed.

"You always have a choice. You had a choice to get me and you chose not to, just like how you had a choice to never come looking for me even after you left and you chose not to do that. Where you live, in Beverly Hills, is less than an hour away from Compton, where I've always lived and where you work. So don't even step to me with that bullshit excuse. You're a dead beat just like him."

"I raised three wonderful little girls. You were the reason why I left, it was you!"

Victoria sighed and stood up, probably feeling awkward just sitting in the middle of our argument. "I'm going to the vending machine to get something to eat. Does anybody want anything?" She asked, pulling her wallet out of her purse.

"Nah, I'm good," I replied.

Trina just looked away from Victoria as she walked off to another section of the waiting room. I don't know what Trina's reason was for leaving but I know it had nothing to do with me. I didn't do anything wrong, so I don't know why she's trying to shift the blame on me when it was her who left, not me. I was the one who had to put up with all of my birth Father's drama, not her.