Chapter 1

"Okayyyy, I will, I will, Mr. Kim!!!" You answered, slightly annoyed.

"Don't use that tone, Park Y/n!" Your boss, Kim Namjoon screamed through the phone, giving you an earful.

"Okayyyy, I promise I'd get your files sorted as soon as-" You weren't even finished with your sentence when you got cut off by him.

"As soon as what?! As soon as we reach Christmas?!" He yelled.

"Noooo, as soon as I get to my apartment. I'm driving now." You said, trying to focus on the road.

"You better get it done before tomorrow Y/n." He said and without giving you the chance to respond, he hung up.

You rolled your eyes and sighed while putting your phone away and concentrated on driving.

You were studying to become a lawyer and your professor made you Lawyer Kim Namjoon's assistant, in the purpose to gain experience.

However the task he gave you weren't even relavent to law. They were things such as: buying coffee for him, getting roses for his girlfriend, cleaning his office and sorting out his files for his stupid cases.

You already had classes to attend and now you've got his tasks to complete.

Your black circles under your eyes were getting darker and darker from the lack of sleep.

Lawyer Kim literally had millions of mixed up files for you to sort out, you despised him to the fullest.

Eventually, you got to your apartment and you hopped out of your car.

Luckily you lived in the first floor, there was no need to walk upstairs. You unlocked the door, to find your roommate, Irene on her laptop.

She looked up and smiled, "You're back Y/n."

You collapsed onto the couch tiredly and groaned.

"Tough day?" She asked you softly.

You laughed, "Yeah, gotta sort out those stupid files. I don't understand why professor made me his assistant."

"I think you should be proud, professor is doing it because you're worthwhile. I mean, you don't see him assigning other students with lawyers, right?" She said, gently comforting you.

"True," You said, "but if I had the choice, I would rather not take this responsibility. "

Irene didn't say anything but continued to type on her laptop, "Check this out, Y/n."

"What is that?" You sat up and and eyed the screen.

"It's Lawyer Kim's new case," She explained, "the murder case of Lightway Plastics' CEO."

You furrowed your eyebrows tightly, "have they found the murderer yet?"

"Min Yoongi." She said, "You heard of that famous serial killer still on loose?"

You shook your head, Irene then typed on her keyboard and showed you a picture from the browser.

Surprisingly, he looked nothing like a heartless psychopath. He had fair white skin and mint green hair, his features were incredibly attractive. It was difficult to identify him as a serial killer.

Perhaps, the only thing that made him look like a serial killer, was his pair of cat eyes.

His eyes looked mysterious and mean. They were cold and they gleamed. They shone like gemstones under the moonlight.

"What's the cause of this murder case?"

Irene shook her head, "I don't know, but it is said that he's nowhere to be found after this murder, the police are struggling to identify him."

***

You managed to get up after resting on the couch for a while and went to the kitchen to fix yourself something to eat before doing the files.

You opened the fridge, there was nothing except for cans of drinks and fruits. You checked the cabinet and there weren't any packets of ramen.

Helplessly, you decided to just eat an apple in the fridge.

You didn't have classes tomorrow, which meant that you had no excuse for not handing Namjoon's files.

This made you go into your room to get the task sorted and dusted off of your shoulders, unwillingly.

You opened the files, and you see the man which Irene had shown you just a while ago.
The information of Min Yoongi.
It wasn't too much of a coincidence, Kim Namjoon was the hired agency for Lightway Plastics after all.

Min Yoongi was a young man, only twenty-four years old of age.

He was involved in two cases before the Lightway case, he killed KD Highschool's principal when he was twenty-one, and the following year he was reported as the culprit of the assassination of a man, known to be the manager of Future Corporation's son.

Now just a few weeks before, he killed the CEO of Lightway Plastics.

His life must be terrifying, you thought, filled of guilt and pain.

The victims, either had a wealthy family or belonged to a well-known company.
However you doubt that it had something to do with robbery, there were no reports of money taken after the murder. There had to be something else that made him convicted to these cruel things.

Kim Namjoon would definitely get a lot of money after this. The Lightway Plastics were not known to be stingy.