Chapter 8

"What is this game, this 'our game' even based on?" You asked annoyingly at Suga while rolling your eyes.

It was morning and you woke up with an empty and hungry stomach, but you saw him eating berries by himself, not bothering to share any with you.
When you asked him for some, he just said, "I thought you wanted to play our game."

He laughed at you, "It's basically just a game to disappoint each other, I guess."

"Well that's not fair, I really need to survive. And it's for your benefits too, I mean if I die you don't your file." You said.

He didn't say anything but laid down and seemed like he was going to take a nap.

Irratated, you said, "Atleast come with me to pick some berries, who knows if there's wolves out there or anything here."

He furrowed his eyebrows, not wanting to open his eyes, "Let's play a game Y/n."

"What game?" You asked.

"If you go out by yourself, you'll win a prize from me." He said.

That got you excited, did he have a bar of chocolate?

"What prize is it?" You asked excitedly.

"You'll see when you come back." He said, turning his back at you.

You got up and headed to the berry trees which was close by the lake.

You picked a handful, and though you were hungry, you did not dare to eat one of them. You wanted to see the prize first.

"I'm back." You said, panting from running.

He sat up and looked at you and the handful of berries.

You bent down for him to take a look at them closer.

"Where's my prize?" You asked cheerfully.

He lifted up his hand and patted on your head lightly, "There you go."

You were confused at first, then you realized you were fooled.

"My prize is a pat from you?!" You asked with anger.

He smiled at you and nodded.

He was getting onto your nerve right now.

"Now, do you know how safe it is to go out by yourself?" He asked.

You wanted to rage at him but you were speechless, his words kind of made sense.

"Your prize, is bravery." He said like a wise old man.

"Congratulations, you've gained bravery."

It was sort of meaningful, but you still can't get rid of feeling fooled. But also, you changed the perspective of him.

"By the way, I won this game because I convinced you to get out, and I got the advantage to have a few moments of peace." He said.

Nevermind.
You felt like punching him in his mouth, but who knew if he'd take out his gun and shoot you.

***

It was afternoon and there was nothing for both of you to do.

He has woken up and he just sat there, staring outside.

"Hey, wanna go out for a walk?" You asked.

"Nah." He said lazily.

You didn't care as you dragged him up.

"Let's go!" You said happily.

He looked super annoyed with you, the way his eyes just glare at you like, 'why ruin my peace?'

"Come on, so we could play that 'our game'! I want to atleast win in one round."

He tucked his hands into his jeans and walked out with you.

Your plan was to find any ways of coming out of this forest.

But the further you two walk, you found yourself confused and lost.

This place was literally like a maze.

"Y/n," Suga said suddenly, "do you want to play a game?"

"What?" You said, still looking for ways to go out.

"Hide and seek." He said, "I'll go hide and you come and look for me. If you don't die from getting lost and find me, you win."

It was obvious that his aim was for you to die.

"That's a risky game, I'll pass." You said.

"How are you going to live alone if you're not brave and independent?" He asked, seriously.

"Well... Atleast I've got you." You said.

He looked startled at your answer as he first stared at you with his eyes wide opened, then he avoided eye-contact.

"Too bad Y/n, you have to play this game." As he ran off into another direction, "Try to search for me."

"If you can't, you're going to die alone."