Chapter 17

It was a very exhausting day, so after you left Areum's place, you drove to your apartment and decided to go to bed.

Before you slept, you checked your phone if there was any miscalls or messages from Areum... Or probably Yoongi.

Then you remembered that he doesn't even have your number.

You laughed bitterly as you slid into the soft blanket you've been dreaming for the days in the cave.

No matter how tired you felt, you just couldn't fall asleep, as if there was something undone, or something missing.

You tried to hypnotize yourself to sleep, but it didn't work. You told yourself that you had an 4 hour drive tomorrow to Busan, so you better sleep.

You grabbed your pillow into your arms and hugged it tightly, soon you were asleep.

Because it was Yoongi.

***

You woke up at 6 to prepare breakfast, Irene was still asleep, so you tried your best not to wake her up.

According to your memory of that file Yoongi burned, his second murder case was Future Corporation's manager's son, Kang Kwang Seok.

Yoongi was 22 and worked as a waiter in a coffee shop where he overheard Kwang Seok, his lawyer, the mother and the daughter talking.

So now you needed to find the girl, the victim.

But how?

You can't just go to Future Corporation, look for the manager and be like, "Hey, who's your son's ex-girlfriend? Or give me a list of girls he had interactions with."

You took a bite of your toast while you poured water in a plastic bottle.

Then, you were ready to go so you left the apartment.

***

You had a butt-ache from sitting in the same seat for approximately 4 hours, it wasn't far until you reach Busan.

When you finally arrived Busan, you asked people for directions to Furture Corp.

And when you were there, you realized that their building was fricking huge, probably 100 or more floors.

By looking at the building, you were already dizzy, how were you going to find the manager? You probably need to have an appointment in order to see him.

You groaned with annoyance, "Come onnnnnnn~~~~", while you ruffled your hair.

"Is there something wrong, beauty?"

You heard someone's voice as you turned your head to find a tall, slender man with his hair gelled up and his moist lips curved into a smirk.

He leaned against a white ferrari, typical rich kids.

"Would you like to go on a ride with me?" He asked you, touching your hair.

You removed his fingers off from you, "No, I'm busy."

He laughed, "Perhaps I could help you, sweetheart."

You rolled your eyes, "You can't, ok? Go to school or something."

Just as you were about to walk away, he dragged you by your arm.

"Whoa whoa, there's no need to be so harsh." He said, still smiling, "Tell oppa anything you want me to help with."

"If you want a car ride, or you want me to go shopping with you, or go for a drink..."

"Oh my gosh! No thank you!" You told him, trying to break his grip but he had no intention of releasing your poor arm.

"Come on, I could give you anything. I promise." He whispered in your ear.

You rose your eyebrow, "Anything?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Do you know about Kang Kwang Seok?" You asked him, doubting if he would actually know.

He looked surprised of your question, "Why, he was my friend, but he's dead now."

You gasped, you squeezed his shoulders with your hands, "You're really his friend?"

He started doing that oily smirk again, "Yes, my dear."

"Do you know of any girls that he had as a girlfriend or hooked up with?" You asked excitedly.

"Plenty." He said, winking at you.

"Please tell me, I really need to know!" You pleaded.

"If you'd come with me for a drink." He said, holding your hands.

You went dead silent, that deal was a big no no, so you dug some money out of your bag and gave it to him.

"I'll give you money." You said.

He didn't seem pleased with this offer, "I don't need that."

He pulled you into him, your face was only about 5cm's away from his.

"What I need now, is a beautiful girl."

You felt like throwing up but you swallowed your disgust into your stomach , "I'm sorry, I could give you anything... But just not a drink, y'know."

"What? Are you scared of me?" He questioned.

Of course I'm scared.

"Ok, how about I give you my number?" You said, putting your hand in front of him for his phone, "And you give me some details of your friend's girls."

He handed his phone to you, "His first girlfriend was called Bobo, she and him would always have sex in classes where nobody was at. But they broke up three years ago." He said while you put Professor. Yu's number in his phone.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew!!!!!
That was not the information you wanted.

"Tell me about his latest girl." You asked while you gave his phone back.

"Park Y/n?" He said, looking at the contact name you created, "I like your name."

"But Y/n... You need to pay me more if you want more information."

"What?! You still want to have a drink with me!?" You said, terrified.

He raised both of his eyebrows, "Yes Y/n. I love that idea."

You shook your head slowly, hoping that he'd come up with something else that could satisfy himself.

"Well, That's the only thing I want from you. So, looks like I have to go..." He said as he turned his body and walked away.

He was your only chance.
Your one and only chance.

You bit your lip and closed your eyes tightly, taking a deep breath, you shouted, "Wait!"

He stopped immediately, moving towards you.

"I'll go."