Chapter 16

There wasn't a lot of time before they opened the court session, so you better hurry up and get evidences to prove that Yoongi killed those disgusting people for a reason.

Right after you visited Professor. Park, you decided to drive to the factory of Lightway Plastics.

You needed to find the woman who was sexually harassed by the ceo, she's one of the important witnesses.

***

There were no security guards outside of the building whom probably would stop your entrace, so you went in.

There weren't a lot of people working, only a few, about 9-10 workers there.

You guessed they didn't go to work because of that incident that happened recently.

You asked one of the men of where the head was, and he pointed to a small office by the corner.

You knocked on the door and heard a rough voice telling you to go in.

You opened the door to see a man who was smoking cigars and numerous empty glass bottles lied on the floor.

"You must be the head of here, right?" You asked.

He blew white smoke out his mouth, in your direction, "Well the old man's dead and his wife in replacement of the position for ceo. You looking for her?"

"No, I'm wondering if you ever had a worker named August?" You asked.

He rose his eyebrow while looking at you suspiciously, "Yes, what about him?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure he left the company, but was there another woman that left with him?" You asked.

He crossed his arms and sat back on his chair, "Who are you?"

You bit your lip as you quickly thought of an identity, "I'm August's wife, I heard rumours spreading that he was cheating on me with this other female worker here. I'd like to know where she is and how I could contact her."

He exhaled the smoulder, "Did you not know that your husband killed our ceo?"

You acted as if you were sad and nodded your head, "Yes, and I believe that he's with her, that's why I'm here. Please assist me to catch this murderer."

He chuckled, "My dear, you don't get lunch for free."

You knew what he meant as you dug into your bag and placed some paper notes on his table.

He took it instantly, counting the money while still nibbling on his cigarette.

Satisfied, he shoved it into his pocket and fiddled with some files on his table.

He plopped the correct file in front of you and pointed his finger on the name, 'Im Areum'.

It had her contact number and address next to her name. You immediately added this number in your phone and took

"Thank you, kind sir, may you have a great day." You said while smiling.

He didn't bother to answer you so you automatically exited the door.

***

You drove to the address and it was a small apartment building.

There was a staircase but no elevator, you felt extremely lucky that she only lived in the 3rd floor which wasn't very far.

She stayed in room 34, you knocked on the door several times but she didn't seem to be home.

You didn't give up and kept knocking, until a lady finally came to get the door.

She looked extremely tired, weary and old but you could see that she was in her 20s.

"Sorry, are you Ms. Im Areum?" You asked.

"Yes, what do you want?" She asked with an annoyed tone.

"Ok, Ms. Im, I really need your help." You said.

She furrowed her eyebrows and frowned at you, "I can't help you."

She was just about to close the door, but you slid your hand in, opening the door with all of your strength.

"Please, you need to help me!!!" You pleaded.

"What do you want!?" She shouted rudely.

"It's about August." You told her.

She went quiet after you mentioned Yoongi's fake name.

She stopped pulling on the door, but her face still frowning and her eyebrows still wrinkled.

"Come in."

It was messy and quite dirty inside her small rented room, clothes were scattered everywhere and dirty dishes all over her table. It was very dark inside, even if dim light was switched on.

She told you to sit on a chair adjacent to her seat.

"What about August?" She asked, straight into point.

"I'm his lawyer, I need you to prove that you killed the ceo of Lightway Plastics for a reason." You explained.

"I-it's really hard for me to speak in public." She said, revealing her somehow terrified face into the dim light.

You licked your lips nervously, "He could be sentenced to death. The man who saved you, could be sentenced to death."

Her eyes were drenched with tears, "Do you know how scared I am?" She asked weakly.

"Do you know how hard it is for me to actually be in public?"

"Could you imagine nearly being raped?" She said, her tears fell on her cheeks.

"I'm so scared to even talk to my own mother, but I've got absolutely no idea why I'm talking to you right now." She said.

"Areum," You said while you took her hand, "I may not understand, but I just want you to know that you're not alone."

"Please."

She shook her head as more tears fell out of her frightened eyes.

You sighed, "August isn't actually August."

She seemed confused of your words.

"His real name is Min Yoongi, he's a serial killer that murdered 3 people. And all his murder cases were because of rape."

"His sister got raped by her principal, so he killed him. Imagine how hard he must've been through. He moved to another city, meeting another girl who was forced into sexual interacrions against her will. He killed the predator, and now, he killed the ceo."

Her mouth was slightly opened, looking a little astonished.

"Do you want this hero to die, Areum? The hero that saved your life." You said.

She covered her mouth as she cried unstoppably.

You handed her a piece of paper with your number.

"Call me to tell me your answer, the court session is in 4 days time."