Chapter 26

"What?!" You said loudly, not caring of the situation you were in.

"Min Yoongi, was found dead, this morning." Namjoon repeated, emphasizing each word strongly.

You went silent, completely confused and messed up. You didn't know what to do or what to say.

You stared at the ring Yoongi gave you but your vision was blurring as you were zoning out from not concentrating.

How could Yoongi be dead?

"He can't be, you're lying." You managed to say.

He gave you a small smirk that made your blood boil in anger.

"Your honour, may we please continu-" Kim Namjoon said, facing towards the judge but you interrupted him.

"How could he be dead!?" You asked again and this time Namjoon looked annoyed, very annoyed.

"You need to find out why your client is dead, Ms. Park. It's not my responsibility to keep updating you with the latest news."

You gradually turned your head to check on Yoongi's parents.

Mrs. Min was holding in her tears while covering her mouth, it was heartbreaking to see her like that.

But now, you didn't know what to do. You felt incredibly dizzy and helpless as you collapsed into your seat.

You heard Professor. Yu whispering behind you to get up. But you just couldn't, you felt your stomach tied into knots and were pulled tightly and a headache that started to form like a hurricane.

Judge. Kim coughed twice for you stand up, and you told yourself to do so as you slowly got up.

It wasn't going well, everything that you've planned didn't go as what you wanted it to be.

You were so focused of Yoongi's death, figuring if it was true or false.
You knew Namjoon could be using that trick to disturb you but you just can't stop thinking about him.

Every statement that you've made, Namjoon always had something logical to prove it wrong. You could see Professor. Yu was very disappointed as he pinched his nose bridge.

You were glad atleast Areum, Yeon Bi and the Min couple proved and said what they're supposed to say. Areum even shed a few tears.

Everyone was functioning well, except for you, you were so messed up and muffled that you had to tell yourself, you've volunteered for this, so you better do good.

Finally, at the end, Judge. Kim anounced that there'd be no punishments for the families of the victims, but a huge fine was given to Yoongi's parents that needed to be paid in two years time.
If not, their properties would be taken.

And, Yoongi would be sentenced to death.

When Judge. Kim said that, Namjoom quickly reminded him, "Sorry Sir, but he's already dead."

Namjoon, was not lying.

Judge. Kim heard this and made the fine more, so costly that it was impossible to pay the full amount in two years time.

It was literally crap.

Yoongi's death hit you like a metal stick into your head, and you've became clear that you needed to say something for this unjust punishment.

You remembered the bribery between Judge. Kim and Namjoon. No matter how good you defend Yoongi, Judge. Kim and his team would just make Namjoon win this case.

And that was not happening.

Judge. Kim stood up in everyone's applause, especially coming from the relatives and families of the victim.

You had enough for today.

"Your honour!" You shouted, loud enough for everyone to stop clapping and face you.

Judge. Kim furrowed his eyebrows, "Yes?"

"From now on, I will not address you as 'Your Honour', because you are not worthy of this title." You told him while everyone at the back gasped.

You lifted the contract high into the air and pointed your finger at Kim Namjoon, "He, should be sued for bribery!"

Namjoon looked irritated as you flipped opened the file and the papers were shown to public, the camera's flashing behind you.

"No matter what, Mr. Kim Namjoon is definitely winning this case, because of this filthy act!"

"In this contract, Mr. Kim Namjoon would be paying money to Judge. Kim to win this case." You explained as you turned to the audience.

"Don't y'all think this is fishy and unfair? Imagine your kids, getting sexually assaulted and not getting the proper justice you need because of these sick predators with all this filthy money."

"Min Yoongi IS A HERO! He brought the justice of what these 3 girls are supposed to have! And at the end, it's true that he killed 3 people, but is it fair that he's the one getting all this punishment!? And what about these girls that are hurt physically and mentally!? What do they get!?"

You slammed papers hard onto your table, the reporters took pictures like crazy.

You could see Namjoon was somewhat nervous, but he managed to say, "How do you have proof that those papers were signed by us?"

"Well, it's yours and Judge. Kim's signature right here!" Squishing your finger onto the paper violently.

"And, how do we know if you haven't copied any of our signatures!?" Namjoon said, with that same small smirk from the beginning, as if telling you that you've made a fool of yourself.

"Look Ms. Park, I could sue you for fraud." He continued to say.

You were sick of his lies already, he thought that was all you've got, but he didn't know what other evidences you have.

"Y/n, just leave it, you'll get more trouble." Professor. Yu said softly behind my back.

You gave him an assuring smile and took out a pen out of your pocket.

It was not some ordinary pen, it was a recording pen.

You pressed one of the buttons and the recordings played.

You were smart enough to record Namjoon's words when you confronted him at the hospital, where he admitted that he did bribe the judge and was totally not ashamed of it.

Everyone listened to this in peace and silent, even the reporters stopped taking pictures.

They were stunned.

And you knew, you've won.