Chapter 22

"Why would you want to defend an asshole like Min Yoongi?" Mrs. Min said while sipping her tea calmly.

You told her all the stories and asked them to attend the court session that'll be held in 2 days time.

But instead, they questioned you like two wise owls.

"Yeah, my wife is right," Mr. Min said,"no one could possibly stand that attitude of his."

"He's lazy and he's mean. He'd get angry with you if you wake him up, he barely smiles and he's just a complete asshole." Mrs. Min added while Mr. Min nodded his head in agreement.

You couldn't believe that his parents would speak bad of him, so you explained to them of what a great person he was, and the days you've spent with him in the cave, that's how you see he was a perfectly nice guy. It's just he doesn't show it.

Mrs. Min rose her eyebrows in suspicion, "So you've been with him in a cave, alone for about a couple of days?"

You could feel your cheeks burning like hot water, "We didn't do anything, I swear!"

Mrs. Min laughed at you, tricking you again, "I was only joking, dear."

Your face was flushed red, as you took a sip of the water Mrs. Min poured for you after the ginseng tea.

"So, are you willing to help?" You pulled your shirt nervously.

"No." Mrs. Min said coldly.

What?

"B-but, ma'am! He's your son! If I was his mother, I'd be proud of him!" You protested, feeling your eyes watering.

You could feel your inner side crying from all that stress, "Please."

"Oh Y/n, you should know by now that I love tricking people. I was joking, I'd be there, don't worry." Mrs. Min assured you when she saw your upset face.

A smile formed on your disappointed face, you cried with joy.

After some chit-chatting, and exchanging contact details, you left their house.

Mrs. Min's POV

"There's definitely something between Yoongi and Y/n." Mrs. Min said confidently with a smirk.

Mr. Min on the other hand was stuffing his face with some desserts laid on the table, "How so?"

"The sparks in her eyes. How she praises and admire him, it's very cute." Mrs. Min explained.

Mr. Min stopped eating, "Look, you have to face it. I don't think there'll be a good ending for Yoongi. You'll have to prepare for something bad."

"I know that." She replied, couldn't hide the sorrow in her gleamy eyes, "I've prepared the day since we found YoonHee in the bathtub."

Mr. Min rubbed his hand on her back, trying to comfort his wife.

"We don't know, Yoongi might be sentenced to death too. Poor child, that Y/n." Mrs. Min said, "She's in love."

"But I'll treat her like my child. A child in-law!" She said with excitement.

"I like her."

Your POV

You stopped by the convinience store to thank Yoongi's aunt once more.

Soon, you were back on the road, going home.

While driving, you sorted out you feelings.

You knew why you would feel so empty and sad without Yoongi.

You could face your feelings finally.

And yes, you love him, so much that you wanted to marry him.

It didn't matter even if you knew that he'd probably be spending the rest of his life in prison, it all just didn't matter.

The problem was, you couldn't find Yoongi.

The last time you saw him was when he jumped out of your car. He never bothered visiting you, then you felt extremely anxious.

What if he doesn't actually have any feelings in you?

And what if he doesn't make it for court session?

You ran your fingers through your hair, and decided to concentrate on driving.

***

You were parking your car in the parking lot and got out of the car wearily.

All this driving made you very tired.

You went to the entrance of the apartment, and before you head in, you saw a black-haired man walking away from the building.

That must be Yoongi!
He must've visited!

Without calling, you jogged to him and grabbed his writ.

He turned his head back, and there you saw the handsome face of Yoongi's.

Without saying anything, as actions do much than words, you wrapped your arms over shoulders, dominating him like a bear.

You hugged him tightly as long as you could, inhaling his comforting body scent.

"Suga!" You shouted happily, careful not to say his real name.

You looked at his speechless face and before he got to say anything, you said, "Let's get married!"

He pulled a straight face, "What are you talking about, Y/n?"

"I don't care if you don't love me, but I'm your lawyer even if you didn't hire me to be one. But I'll be attending your case and I'll fight for you! So, just marry me!" You said.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you actually doing, Y/n?"

"Just let me love you Yoongi, let's get married, please!" You said, hugging him again.

He pushed you off of him, "Marrige isn't a game Y/n, court and law also isn't."

You looked at him, hurt, "I've got all the people you've helped and your parents... I just want to do this for you, because you're a great person."

"Well I don't need it Y/n." He said harshly.

"I..." You suddenly didn't know what to say.

"I-I don't care, I'll still be there as your defense. And... It's fine if you don't want to marry me." You said embarassingly.

You thought he would laugh but he stared at you icily and he started walking away.

His stare told you not to follow him. You watched him walk away and all you could do was cry ugly.