Chapter 23 - The End

"Oh my god Veronica, it's been two fucking years!" I yelled.

"I don't care!" Veronica yelled back. "I've just been lazy!"

"You owe me!"

"Hmm...okay. How about a game recommendation?"

".....okay, fine."

"Doki. Doki. Literature. Club. It's free on steam!" She winked at me before turning back into her Navi-like form and disappearing into the jar that hung around my neck. "I'll watch from here and aid you on your adventure! Let's go, Link!"

"I am not Link!" I yelled at her. "And I'll do it later..."

I walked down the steps of the little Let's Play house. Emile, Tim and Jon were all sitting near each other, playing Tri-Force Heroes, while Jon yells at Emile for being bad at cooperating. Judging by the videos, Emile really isn't the best with these teamwork games...

Ever since I first came to this place, I didn't really expect shit to go crazy, like being transported into random video games. I'm sort of glad about it, though, these kinds of adoption stories are usually boring...

"Emile! Pick up Tim, he needs to be on top with his bow! I'll be on the bottom!" Jon yelled as Emile just laughed and said sorry sheepishly. "They are color coded platforms, dammit!"

I chuckled at the three of them, glad I was able to be apart of this joyous opportunity. I snatched my computer off of the dining room table, don't know why I left it there, and headed upstairs back to my room.

I went on steam, downloaded this game Veronica has been harassing me about, and started playing it. "May I ask...why is the first tag Phycological Horror?" I asked.

"That's not important! Play the game!" Her muffled shout said.

I only sighed. It was just another boring visual novel game.

•^•

About two hours later, I was bored of the game. I was about to exit out until Veronica stopped me. "No, wait! It's almost the good part!"

"Fine, 5 more minutes." I groaned. "You really left her hanging this morning." I read aloud.

Veronica started dying of laughter. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! That line is really funny later on!"

"Mhm...okay..."

I played for another 4 minutes and 30 seconds. "I'm done!" I said to her.

"No, no! 30 more seconds~!"

"Ugh!"

I clicked and read a few times.

"What the fuck!" I breathed out words, barely audible at the sight in front of me on my computer screen. "What game have you made me play!"

"Heheh...great game, ammaright? You really left her hanging, eh?" She laughed.

I quickly closed out the game after saving my progress. "I'll play later, I guess..." I mumbled and walked downstairs.

"Hey there, Margo! What was that thud?" Emile asked. Oh, yeah.

Forgot to mention, I might have fallen off my bed at the sight of Sayori.

"Oh, nothing. Just a bit startled from a game a certain someone recommended to me."

"Ahah, it was nothing but a mere sweet, visual novel!" Veronica exclaimed as she left her bottle and stood beside me.

"Oh really now? What was the game?" Emile asked, not trusting Veronica, I don't blame him...

"Oh, you know...dokidokiliteratureclub." She said very quickly and hid back in her bottle.