Chapter Eight

M/N'S Point Of View

Y/n had been scrolling for what felt like forever. Through dozens of fan art, selfies, and what looked like screenshots, s/he stopped and froze on a picture. It looked exactly how s/he described it. It appeared to have dark black ink dripping down itself with part of the body melting. I looked over at Y/n who appeared afraid. This had been the stuff of nightmares for her/him?

 This had been the stuff of nightmares for her/him?

I looked over at Sally who studied the creature. "It looks like Bendy!" She exclaimed. "I told your father that it wasn't important!" I blurted out and as I did, raised my voice which took a toll on Sally. She huddled close to Y/n and she appeared shook. I had another migraine come and reached into my pocket for the pills. I popped one in and swallowed. I tried to focus on the task at hand. It all started because of Benjamin! He came and ink arrived. Strange? I looked back at the picture with the ink creature supposedly waving at the camera. A black puddle surrounded him with only one white glove that hadn't changed.

Henry worked for decades on that children's show. He had been desperate to make money. Something to help raise a family. But instead, it created something else. What? I looked over at Y/n and Sally. Their e/c eyes blinked and stared at me, scaring me. I rubbed my temples and decided to send them both off to bed. "Lock your doors and windows!" I barked as they scurried away. I sat down at the kitchen table, sipping my herbal tea. I looked at the picture of Henry. I hope you are in a safe place, besides we need to know some more of what we're getting into. I felt tears sting my eyes which had become normal and the usual. Especially for them.

Henry died so young yet could his death have been worth it? What other poor soul could be suffering the same fate as him? It happened 3, 2 years ago, yet I couldn't let go. The image of the ink creature resided in my mind. It scared me. What else would be out there to get my daughters/one son and a daughter? What creatures crave their bodies? I sure had become overprotective of them. Maybe they won't get far in life. I sighed and put my hands together to pray.

"God in heaven, protect my children from the dangers of the world especially ones that will kill to get what they want. I pray you hear me. Amen." I looked down at the green herbal tea with a lemon in it. Honsetly, what could be worse? I thought to myself. Everything about this scared me. This creature apparantly had been hunting my daughter/son down. It's probably best that I trained in the military. I stood up and headed down into the basement to clear my mind. I would explore what had become new or old, become rich or infamous, or what had rotted away. For starters, the baby cribs were something. I remember Y/n as a baby everyday as it had become happy yet sad, knowing that time had begun to slip for me. I already had begun to turn gray. Soon, I would be like Henry. Soon, I would be like Joey. Soon, I would be like the others. Just a decaying corpse in the ground, being eaten piece by piece slowly everyday.

I laid awake that night, recalling of when the news came in of Henry's passing. Good thing Y/n took the picture. Or else we wouldn't know who our enemy could be! Hee hee. Ha ha. I rolled over onto my side to cry myself to sleep. It never became loud. No louder than a whimper. Y/n and Sally did not need to handle my pain. Especially the emotional type. With Henry being gone, a aging woman had been left with her two daughters/one son and a daughter. Of course, the oldie music reminded me of Henry every time it played. I kept a channel just for Bendy and his friends but nothing else. What could Y/n be thinking of right about now? Does s/he realize that they are in a dangerous situation? Will s/he fight with me? Would s/he protect her/himself from this entity? These ghosts would come back to haunt us all. I just hope we will be safe. Until death greets us at our doors. Rest in peace Henry, honey.

I closed my eyes as the familiar darkness surrounded me. It scared and yet, comforted me. The darkness of my own soul had been smart. It had become effective on it's toll. Whether or not it liked me, I could have counted on it for the feelings. Of heart ache. Of pain. Emotional or physical. No one had known about it. Well expect for Henry. What could it be anyway? What could this create?

With a few of my last thoughts of questions on my mind, I inhaled and exhaled; entering eternal sleep like Henry.