Chapter Nine

Your Point Of View

The sirens blared loudly as I tried to keep Sally from discovering Mum's body. She couldn't face the damage, especially of someone so close to us. I tried to keep back tears from flowing but every now and then, I would let out a whimper. "N/n, w-w-wi-ill-l-l mo-o-ommy be-e-e o-o-o-oka-a-a-ay?" I couldn't help it. I let one tear slip from my eye. "W-W-W-W-We-e-e-e-ell-l-l-l?" Sally asked, getting furious. She began to violently shake me which caused me to panic. "I-I-I-I-I DON'T GODDAMN KNOW SALLY! SHE COULD BE D-D-DEAD!" I screamed. I immendiatly regretted blurting it out. I swear Sally looked paralazyed and scared at what I just announced. This gained attention from strangers all around. I bit my lip and decided to run back into the house, leaving Sally all alone out there. I threw myself on to the couch, sobbing and staining the pillows with my tears.

Why did it have to be like this? She could be dead! She could be in critical condition! Why didn't I stay with her to begin with?! It's all my fault! I began to pull apart the pillow in frustration. I needed to vent. I looked around and found a notebook. I flipped open to a fresh page. I took out a pen and gripped it as I racked my mind for what I needed to say. I scribbled on the blank white pages and before I knew it, ink covered it everywhere. I looked over what I had wrote.

Poor mommy.
I should've been there!
Damn it all!
Well, I'll be straight forward with you, Y/n.
She's dead.

I noticed a poem that I had written.

The heart quickens,
The heart ends.
The heart shatters,
But it's contents will never end.
Whether it feels crappy,
Whether it feels sappy,
Whether it feels happy,
It always will beat for a passion.

Tears began to stain the paper. Sally sat down next to me. "N/n? D-D-Do-o-o y-yo-o-ou-u, w-w-w-w-wa-a-ant a-a-a hug?" She stuttered out. Without an answer, she knew me too well. She hugged me close to where I began to smile again. I felt better with her. A woman came in, dressed all in black. She had a tub of ice cream with a spoon. "I heard what happened so I grabbed your favorite." She gave me the ice cream and I began to eat it, while crying. Sally kept stealing huge chucks but I didn't care. I looked up at the woman who had long and curly dark h/c hair. She seemed familiar? "A-A-A-A-A-Aunt L-L-L-Lottie?" I asked. Lottie had been a nickname I had given my aunt Loretta and she stuck by that name. She appeared familiar with her concerned brown eyes and long, curly dark h/c. She lived far away in New York so I knew that it could've been impossible for her arrival unless she had decided to visit me and Sally.

Aunt Lottie sat in between me and Sally to bring us both into a hug. She always had the job of giving a hug away to anyone at least once a day. "Y/n, Sally, I heard what happened. I had been arriving only to stay for a week or two, but it looks like I better stay longer till your mother gets better. In the state she is now, I bet she'll be there for no more than two months." Aunt Lottie smiled wide and then clapped both of her hands together. "So, who wants to go to the park?" She asked. I didn't feel the motivation to do so and so did Sally.

When the sirens ended, Sally put herself in front of the TV to binge watch Bendy and friends. I decided to give up and join in. I always felt a strange feeling whenever that Bendy character come on screen. He seemed to be watching me or worse yet, had been standing right behind me. Aunt Lottie watched me and Sally while knitting a sweater for a little kid. "I didn't know you kids liked the 1930s! Say, any projects about that for the school system?" The school system? Crap! I forgot about the project! Why didn't Rosalie get here?! I raced to the home phone and began to dial her number. Unfortunately, no one picked up. Not even a stranger. Where were they? I thought I saw a familiar black figure out of the corner of my eye but the window had no peeking Toms. I went over to close it and locked it. Better safe than sorry! I headed on out into the living room to watch with Sally but the cartoon had ended.

Aunt Lottie had decided to go into the kitchen and make some lunch for us. I got the bright idea of going upstairs to my room. I sat down at my computer and randomly typed in a name I remembered. How? I don't know! Articles upon articles popped up on Google.

Joey Drew Studios 1920s-1970s.
Joey Drew Studios is a animation studio which featured the characters Bendy The Dancing Demon, Boris The Wolf, Alice Angel, and The Butcher Gang. It ran for no more than 6 decades before being shut down due to the public's idea of ending the Satanic Children's Show. It all started by a man named Joey Drew and had several other people involved in many projects starring Bendy and friends. Another man by the name of Henry L/n helped fund his friend's projects before leaving it 30 years afterward. The reason why the studio closed had been because of the public's complaint on it 'promoting' the practice of satanism.

That name sounded familiar. Joey Drew.