Chapter Fourteen

Sally's Point Of View

Y/n had been missing for no more than 9 hours and Aunt Lottie has only gotten more paranoid. She's done called the police, checking in on them every hour for any progress. Sirens blared outside which brought back the nightmare of yesterday and what Y/n had said about Mommy. SHE COULD BE D-D-DEAD! Everything about this scared me. Aunt Lottie had called Y/n's phone who knows how many times but s/he never picked up. "Don't worry miss, it's probably best that you relax and let the police do their job. We have received a call from a girl who seems to be in the same situation as him/her." Aunt Lottie looked around at the police men. She then looked back at the officer with her tear filled e/c eyes. "G-G-G-G-G-Goo-o-od-d l-l-l-lu-uc-c-c-ck-k." Aunt Lottie stuttered out. She looked to be on the brink of tears. Especially me. I lost M-M-M-Mommy! Now, N-N-N/n?! Aunt Lottie put a hand on my shoulder. She must've seen my tears. "It's okay to be afraid." She said.

She took me inside to distract me with baking cookies. It worked in a way as we forgot about the situation at hand. Aunt Lottie must have been suffering in silence while I wore a happy smile. A smile which could mislead anyone or anything. I prayed with Aunt Lottie for Y/n's and Mommy's safe return. Aunt Lottie also told me stories of when she had been little. She used to sing at clubs for money and had been the most popular worker there with her flexible alto voice. Though she wasn't talented enough, she still charmed the hearts of many men and including some women. She told me of some of romances with men and including actual women. She had been currently dating a old ex who had just gotten out of prison. He seemed scary at first but Aunt Lottie said he had a soft spot for animals. I wanted to meet her ex but she said that couldn't be. However, I could write to him. So, later on that evening, I sat down at the table and began to write my own letter to him.

Dear Aunt Lottie's Ex,

I've heard so much about you! I honestly support your changes to life and believe that you can fly. I have decided to send you $5 just to help with animals. I like you and I hope we can be friends! Maybe, pen pals!

Good luck,
Sally L/n.

I finished the last few words then walked over to a sleeping Aunt Lottie. She had decided to take up the entire couch so I gave her a kiss on the cheek to then put the letter on the table. I headed up the stairs, listening to the steady creak of the steps. All seems normal. For now. I thought to myself. I neared Y/n's bedroom as I decided I couldn't sleep alone. Not without feeling a presence. I snuck in to snuggle myself into her/his bed while throwing several blankets on top of me. I hope N/n won't mind. I rolled over on to my side to face the night light Y/n always had every since s/he had been little.

"Good night." I said before saying a final prayer of protection.