1x04 - Aren't You Happy?

Cyrus's POV:
I walked over to the Spoon the next day. Buffy told me she had some huge news and I was obviously curious to know what was up.

"Hey there, Buffy." I jumped down onto the seat. "Now spill the beans. What did you want to tell me?"

"Check this out!" Buffy pulled up a FacePage account. Jonah's FacePage. It had a picture of him and Andi. Their arms wrapped around each other. Both of them smiling.

"Andi and Jonah are actually dating!!!"

I tried my best not to believe it. "Nah, I've seen friends do that. They're probably not dating."

"Don't act dumb. The description literally says, 'Guess what? We're dating'." She was so happy. "I still can't believe it. She finally got to be with Jonah! Aren't you happy for Andi?"

"Yeah, totally." I lied. They're both my friends, but I couldn't help but feel jealous. Andi is dating Jonah.

The door opened. "Iris?" I asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to find you." she said. "We haven't talked in a while and thought you wanted to hang out. Just you and me."

"Yeah. O-Of course." I walked over to Buffy and told her, "You remember my friend, Iris, right?"

"Of course I do."

Iris was laughing. "Cyrus. You don't have to hide it. You can say 'girlfriend'." She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"So, you want to go to the park?" I asked her.

"Sure. Let's go."

I waved goodbye to Buffy, and the two of us went to the park.