1x06 - Do You Like Her?

Buffy's POV:
It's been like a week since Andi and Jonah got together. Lately, it's been really hard not to be all like, "Awwww" when they talk all lovey-dovey to each other. I'm not complaining though. Those two are so adorable together.

Cyrus on the other hand, not so much. He's always seems a little sad when those two were with each other.

I don't blame him. He and Iris broke up for some reason, so he's probably just a little sad that he's single.

Still, it's a little weird. He also sometimes has a little piece of jealousy in his stare. I should probably ask him later.

I pulled out my phone and texted Cyrus.

———

Hey Cyrus. You busy right now?

No. Why? You need something?

Yeah. Can you meet me at the Spoon later today?

Sure. What time?

4

Got it. I'll be there.

———

I really shouldn't be meddling in his personal life. But I just have to know the truth. I need to know if he likes Andi.

————

Cyrus's POV:
Don't know why Buffy invited me. But, I've got nothing better to do. I walked into the Spoon. Buffy was sitting by the window. She had already ordered baby taters and milkshakes.

"So, what did you want to see me for, Buffy?" I asked.

"Cyrus. Sit down." I sat next to her. "I'm going to get straight to the point. Do you like Andi?"

It's not like I like her, but still. That question caught me off guard. "What? No. What made you think that?"

"The fact that every time you look at her and Jonah together, you have that sad/jealous look on your face."

"What?! No, I don't."

Buffy clearly didn't believe me. Probably cause I was showing clear signs that I was lying to her. "Cyrus. Your face reddens. You try your best to act normal, but I catch you staring back every few seconds. You're not good at hiding your emotions, so I can tell that you like Andi."

I started to get a little annoyed. "Sure, I'm bad at hiding my emotions. But I guess you're just bad at reading them. I'm being honest, Buffy. I don't have a crush on Andi."

"If not, then who?"

"Think about it! Who have I always looked up to? Who have I always been trying to impress the day we became friends with him?!"

Buffy's eyes widened. "Did you just say, 'him'?"

I froze. I didn't mean to say "him". It just slipped out.

I expected her to make a huge deal out of it. But she just ate a tater and said, "I get it now. You like Jonah."

My arms and legs started shaking. I didn't know if I could trust anyone anymore. "Please don't tell anyone. I've been keeping this secret for a reason, and if anyone finds out then--"

"Cyrus, Cyrus. Calm down. You're one of my best friends. Of course I'll keep your secret. We're already taking that other secret to the grave with us. What's one more?"

I was relieved. Why did I even think she would betray me like that? "Thanks for this. I owe you big time."

Buffy smiled. "No. That's only for favors. A secret, that's too big to just, 'owe someone back'."

"Still. Thank you for keeping this."

I walked out of the diner and headed home, when I heard a very distinct voice call out, "Amber Alert."

Oh, great. The witch is here.