1x07 - Leverage

Cyrus POV:
"So, Cyrus. How are you doing?" Amber's smile was almost as fake as her hair.

I sighed. "What do you want now?"

"I need your help with something. I need you to sabotage Andi and Jonah's relationship."

I chuckled at the idea. "Give me one good reason why I should."

"I have leverage over you, Cyrus. You should really look around more when you talk to your friends. You and Buffy didn't even notice me recording this."

She took out her phone, and played a video. It showed me and Buffy talking in our seats. "I get it now. You like Jonah."

"Help me ruin their lives, or else I ruin yours."

"No. So what if I'm gay? Sure, I'll get teased and bullied, but my friends will still be there for me."

"Aww. Little Cyrus standing up for his friends. Fine. If there's one thing I've learned, you always bring a second piece of leverage."

She pulled up another video. One with me and Iris talking in the park. "I was one of the few people he told. Not even Amber knows this. Jonah is bi."

"So, I'm not sure if that is true, but who needs proof? Sometimes, even the tiniest rumor is all it takes to ruin someone."

I tried to reason with her. "I thought you still liked Jonah. You wouldn't destroy his reputation."

Amber cackled. "He dumped me, Cyrus! I'm willing to ruin his life without a second thought."

She turned on her Loop. "I have the proof that you like him. You would clearly put his needs before yours, so the question is. Would you be willing to ruin his relationship? Or ruin his entire reputation?"

There was nothing else I could do. I lost. "Grr.. fine. I'll sabotage their relationship."

"You made the right call. Now, let me show you what you need to do."