2x04 - Coming Clean

Buffy's POV:
Me and Cyrus were sitting at the lunch table. "So, how was it with Jonah on Saturday."

"It was fun. You should've been there."

I chuckled. "There was a reason I didn't go."

"Yeah. Yeah." Cyrus said. You were with Marty."

I shook my head. "Not just that. I didn't go because of you. Don't you get it? You got alone time with Jonah."

"Oh my gosh. I did." Now, he was beaming. "I don't believe it! I got to be with Jonah Beck!"

Andi walked in on our conversation. "What's with Jonah Beck?"

"Oh." I said. "Yeah. Cyrus wanted to get a present for Jonah."

Andi was confused. "His birthday isn't for another 5 months."

"Doesn't hurt to start early."

Andi shrugged. "So," Cyrus asked. "How was the dinner on Saturday?"

"It was fun. Jonah's parents are so nice. And Mrs. Beck is such a great cook. Well, it was just burgers, but still."

Jonah walked to up to us. "Hey. Can I speak to Cyrus for a few minutes?"

Cyrus looked nervous. "Why? What? Did I do something wrong?"

Jonah laughed. "No, Cy. I just wanted to talk to you."

—————

Jonah's POV:
I led Cyrus over to a tree by the school field. "So, Jo-Jolamajama." Cyrus said. "What did you want to talk about?"

What am I doing? Why did I think I would be ready for this? How am I supposed to tell him this huge secret?

"Uhhh..." No! I'm blanking. Say something, Jonah!

"Cyrus, I like you!" Not like that! Why are being so dumb?!

Cyrus was blushing. "I-I..."

"I didn't mean that! I don't know what came over me!"

He hugged me. I started to calm down, and then he looked at me. "I like you too."

Does he mean as a friend or like that?

"Cy, I don't mean it like... as a friend."

"I know. I like you. Like that."

Now, I'm starting to blush. "You do?"

"Yeah." We both leaned closer to each other, so close to kissing. Then, he leaned back. "Wait. This isn't right. You're dating Andi. I can't do that to her."

I held his hand. "That's why I brought you here. I don't know how to break the news to her. I like her, but I like you more."

Cyrus looked at me. His chocolate brown eyes gleamed in the light. "This is something I can't help you with. You have to do it yourself. When you do, I'll be here ready to do, whatever people do, when they date."

I kissed him on the cheek. "Thanks again, Cyrus." And I walked away.

—————

3rd Person POV:
Unbeknownst to the two boys, Amber stood at a distance, recording the entire thing.

The little devil walked away, holding her phone in confidence. She was smiling. She was chuckling. She had finally found a way to ruin everyone's lives.