4x02 - My Vest Friend

Cyrus's POV:
Great. Just great. First Jonah is mad at Andi, and now Andi hates Jonah back. I really don't see any way they'll be able to fix their friendship.

I wonder how this will affect me. Buffy doesn't usually hang out with Jonah, so she'll be with Andi most of the time, but I'm dating Jonah, so I might get caught in the crossfire between those two.

I was with Andi and Buffy. "So," Buffy said, trying to ease the tension, "Summer vacation is just around the corner."

I replied, "Yeah! We should have a huge end of the school year party. What do you think, Andi?"

She shrugged. "Sure. Why not?"

"Come on. Where's that little happy Andi charm we see everyday?"

"Guess the charm's out of positive energy today."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Okay. Serious time. You and Jonah are going to make out. Whether you like it or not."

I looked at her suddenly. "Whoa, whoa! Why are they making out? That's something between Jyrus." I pointed at myself.

She slapped her forehead. "Shoot! I meant that Andi and Jonah will make up."

Andi shook her head. "I'll apologize when Jonah apologizes. It's his fault anyways."

We both looked at her in disbelief. "You were the one who faked amnesia to date him." I said. "I'd say both of you are at fault here. So you both apologize at the same time."

"Who's side are you on?" Andi said, frustrated.

Buffy replied, "The side trying to fix this friendship."

"What friendship?" she said rudely.

"The one that you and Jonah had. The one that still has a chance at being restored."

My phone vibrated. I checked it. "Oh. It's 3:30. Time to go to Jonah's Frisbee game."

I stood up and Andi looked pissed. "Wow, you're just going to ditch me?"

"I agreed that I would continue hanging out with both you and Jonah. Even if it's not together."

I walked away, and said to Andi, "If you want to hang out, you can come to the park."

She scoffed. "Yeah, right. Not if Jonah the Jerk is going to be there."

"Suit yourself." I said, and I continued walking.

—————

"Yeah! Go Space Otters!" I shouted. My setup was there, as usual, and I cheered on the team. As usual. It ended greatly. 7-3. Victory: Space Otters.

"Cyrus, thank you so much! It's so great to know that we can count on you!" Jonah gave me a small lip kiss.

"Anything for my angel." I said, my face red as a baboon's butt.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Jonah reached into his backpack. "I meant to give this to you at the Space Otters party, but I forgot."

He held up a Space Otters jersey. Number 42, named Vest Friend.

"A Space Otters jersey? For me?" He nodded in happiness. "Thank you Jonah."

He smiled. "Thank you, Cyrus." I took the jersey from him and we shared a hug.

"So, did you want to hang out tomorrow?" Jonah asked.

"Yeah! Of course. Where shall we go, and what time?"

"Spoon. Our normal spot. Is 2:00 to 4:00 fine?"

"Yeah, that sounds perfect."

I left the park and texted Buffy.

———

Do me a huge favor. Keep Andi away from the Spoon tomorrow from 2-4. Jonah and I will be there, and I don't want anything bad to happen.

Got it. I'll try my best. There's a flea market tomorrow, so I think she'll be occupied there for quite a while.

Okay, thanks. See ya.

Bye.