8x06 - Blood Spilt

3rd Person POV:
Cyrus rushed out of the classroom and noticed at least three or four gunmen roaming the halls. He hated how he couldn't stop them. All he could do was watch.

He followed the shooters and watched in horror as teachers and students alike were getting shot down and killed. But... they were only killing certain people. This clearly confused everybody.

Cyrus was the same, but his reaction soon turned to terror as one of the gunmen aimed at Jonah. "JONAH! NO!"

To his surprise, the man aimed away and walked out of the room. Jonah was clearly traumatized at everything around him. Some of his friends were lying on the ground, lifeless.

—————

Buffy's POV:
I ran through the hallways as fast as I could. I had to make sure everyone else was safe. Then, I heard a girl crying around the corner.

I made my way around the corner. A blonde girl was crying over a body. I ran to see who she was crying over, and I couldn't believe my eyes. "No, this isn't real. Marty?"

He was breathing heavily, but he made out the words, "Hey, Buffy."

"Stop talking. You need to save your energy." I put my hand on his gunshot wound to try stop the blood flow. I turned to the girl. "What happened?"

The girl started talking as she cried. "A man aimed his gun at me and shot. But Marty came in front and took the bullet for me."

Marty started to cough heavily. "Marty!" I said, "Please. Stay with us."

He just shook his head. "It really hurts. I don't think I can make it."

"You are. Just keep your eyes on us. Stay awake."

"Please. We all know help's not going to come anytime soon. So, promise me something."

"Yeah?"

Marty looked at the girl next to me. "This is Millie. My sister. Keep her safe for me. Okay?"

"Okay. I promise." The tears in my eyes finally broke free. "But, I won't be the same without you."

He chuckled. "I know. You'll be stronger than you already are. I know it."

He coughed again, this time with blood. "Both of you. Stay true to who you are." His eyes began to close, and I could feel his breathing.

"Marty? Marty?!" I burst out crying, and Millie hugged me. Despite the blood on my hands, I hugged back.

"This is all my fault." Millie said.

I said reassuringly, "It's not. You didn't have the gun. You didn't fire. You were the same as him. A victim."

"It really is my fault. Haven't you noticed the classroom? Have you noticed how only some people were killed?"

"I did. Why? Do you know something?"

"There's a rumor going around. I'm not sure if it's true. But those shooters are part of an anti-LGBT group. That's why only some people died in each room. That's why I was shot at. We were all targets."

—————

Andi's POV:
"In other news, actual blood was spilt this Halloween, as a gang of shooters came to Grant High, and killed over 75 students and teachers. Nothing has been confirmed, but it's believed these shooters were targeting LGBT civilians only."

I turned off the TV. Everyone sat in the house in terror. "Jonah, are you okay?" I asked.

He shook his head. "I had a gun pointed at me today. I don't think I'll be okay for a long time."

"We will make sure that doesn't happen again." Buffy said. "I already lost one person I care about. I'm not losing another."

"It's not me I'm worried about. It's Cyrus. He's in a coma. He's vulnerable. What if those guys go to the hospital and pull the plug or something?"

"There is tons of security at the hospital. Cyrus is safe."

Bex stood up. "Alright. It's getting late. Jonah, I'm taking you home now. Buffy, I know you're not a target, but for your safety, I'm taking you home as well."

Both of them nodded. "Got it."

Bex gave me a hug. "Bowie is in the other room if you need him. I love you."

"Love you too, Mom."

—————

3rd Person POV:
One of the shooters came into a room. "Boss, we're sorry. The police were too quick. We weren't able to get everyone on the list."

"It's alright. You got over 75 targets. That's good enough. However, we are now a target. If we want to do something, we'll need to be quicker."

"I understand. I'll leave you alone now."

"Wait." The shooter stopped in the tracks. The man spoke again. "Jonah Beck. What happened to him?"

"You told us to not kill him. We followed your orders."

"Good. We need him alive right now. I have big plans for that kid. Really big plans."