7x09 - I Love You

Cyrus's POV:
Jonah and I quietly followed Tyson, Kip, and two others. They opened the door to the roof. But why there?

I saw Kip leading Tyson to the edge of the roof. "Kip, come on. Why are you doing this?"

His face was void of emotion. "You know exactly why. I've been telling this to you, Jonah, and Cyrus the entire time you've been here."

Jonah and I rushed to the door. "Kip, stop!" I shouted.

He turned around, and chuckled. Then he snapped his fingers and signaled his two guards to restrain us.

"Let us go!" Jonah shouted. He was trying to very best to break free, but to no avail.

Kip continued to force Tyson to the edge. "You two can watch this. You'll get to see an example of what you deserve."

I can't let this happen! "Kip! Please! Let him go. Drop me instead. Tyson doesn't deserve this!"

"Trust me. I would love to drop all three of you off the roof, but one person is all I need."

"What do you have against us, Kip? Why can't you just accept LGBT?"

"Because you're all a bunch of idiots! I'm betting half of your type is just faking it for popularity. I'm betting you're just so desperate for love, you just started like the same genders."

"That's not it. Being gay isn't a choice. You have to realize that."

"It doesn't matter. The world works like this. Boys and girls go together. The less LGBT, the better. And I'm going to start with this little faggot right here." He turned to Tyson. "Say your last words to them."

The hope in Tyson's eyes diminished. He forced a final smile. "Jonah. Take care of Cyrus for me, okay?"

Jonah shook his head. "No. You have to be the one. You two are meant to be. We'll make a deal with Kip. We can get you out of this mess."

"Please! Just promise me you'll take care of him when I'm gone."

I turned to Jonah. His hope for Tyson's survival was gone too. "I-I promise."

Tyson turned to me. Now, tears were in his eyes. "Cyrus Goodman. You were my first boyfriend. I'm really glad you let me into your life."

"Please don't say this. We can still be together. We just have to talk Kip out of this."

"There's no point, Cyrus. He's not going to stop. Be with Jonah. Be with whoever you want to be with. As long as you are happy, so will I."

I... can't save him. No matter what I do. No matter how hard I try. I failed him. The hope in me fades away. My tears flood out.

Kip rolls his eyes. "Okay. You little crybabies said your final goodbyes."

This is my last chance to try. "Kip. Please let us be. We won't go near you at all if you want. Don't kill him."

He shook his head. "You should've remembered what I said. Gays, no. Any member of the LGBT community gets exactly what they deserve."

Without even turning, he shoved Tyson off the roof. "TYSON! NOOOOOOOO!"

—————

Tyson's POV:
Ever notice how when you fall, it always feels a bit slower? This isn't any different.

It's a beautiful day outside. Birds are singing. Flowers are blooming. The sun is shining brightly. It's a perfect day for a game of catch.

I wonder what Jonah and Cyrus will do after this. Obviously, with me out of the way, they'll get back together. I'm sure a lot of people will happy for that.

My family. Mom, dad, and Taylor. Who knows what they'll do after this. Maybe they'll take another foster kid in. They'll be able to change that person's life for the better. I hope they know how grateful I was when they adopted me and took me in.

My real parents probably won't even notice I'm gone, and if they did, they won't care. Doesn't matter. At least there were people who still cared about me.

I heard a distinct crack. Pain rushes throughout my body. It won't last long.

Cyrus and Jonah are standing at the edge of the roof. Both of them are holding each other, and both crying. I force a tiny smile.

Cyrus's eyes and mine lock. Without any noise, I lip the words, "I love you."

My eyes close, and I take a final breath. After that, its silent, and everything goes black.