7x10 - Deep Cuts

Cyrus's POV:
I can't believe it. Thi-this isn't happening. I look down at Tyson's lifeless body on the ground. I turn around. Kip and his goons are already gone.

Jonah sits next to me and comforts me to the best of his ability. I can hear him stuttering a bit, but no words are coming out. This is Jonah, trying his best to find the right words.

He sighs and stays silent. That's probably the best thing he could do. Words can't help Tyson now.

My entire body was shaking. "I should've done more."

Jonah shook his head. "You did your best."

"And my best wasn't enough!" I snap. "Now, Tyson's dead!"

"It's not your fault! It's Kip's! We will make sure that he gets what he deserves." He stands up and holds out his hand. "We have to tell somebody about what happened."

———

We rush down and find Tyson's body by the front. His eyes are closed, and a small smile is on his face. I don't think I've seen anybody look more peaceful.

I break into tears, burying my face in Jonah's shirt. Ms. Garnet walks over to us. "Jonah. Cyrus. What happened here."

His breathing quivers. "Kip brought Tyson to the roof and pushed him off. He had two others with him who kept us from saving him."

She steps over to Tyson's body. Tears start forming in her eyes as well. "I... I will inform the family about this. We have security cameras on the roof, and we'll be able to get proof of the incident."

She turned to us. "I am truly sorry dr your loss. I know Tyson was a good friend to you. And a great boyfriend to you, Cyrus."

"Thank you." I say weakly. "Just make sure Tyson gets justice."

"We will. I'll leave you two alone now."

——1 Week Later——

Jonah's POV:
*Knock Knock*
Cyrus's mom answers the door. Her voice is soft. "Hi Jonah. Come in."

I enter the house. The atmosphere here seems quiet, sad, and it's like all the color is losing its hue. "Cyrus is in his room. You can go and see him, if that's what you came for."

"Thank you."

The door to his room is slightly ajar. I quietly knock on it to signal Cyrus that I'm here. "Hey, Cy."

He's holding something in his hand, but I can't make it out from here. "Hi, Jonah."

I sit next to him on the bed. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you or something. You just haven't been answering your phone, and I was starting to get worried."

He didn't say anything for a minute. "I know Tyson was the reason we broke up, and I know you care about him now. But why didn't you like him before?"

I take a deep breath. "When I found out Amber was cheating on me, I felt like I wasn't good enough for her. Then you started falling for Tyson, and... it happened all over."

He scoots closer to me. "I'm really sorry for that."

"It's fine. I just..." I get a better look at what he's holding. A small knife. I look at his arms. Cut marks. "C-Cy?"

"What?"

I grabbed his arm. "Have you been cutting?!"

"What's the big deal, Jonah?"

"Everything! You're hurting yourself. I don't want to see that happen to you."

He was starting to get defensive. "It's nothing, okay?" He put the knife against his arm and cuts. "See?"

"Cyrus! Stop! Please!"

He cuts another. And another. "It's fine. It's a good stress reliever."

"No it isn't! You need to stop."

He puts the knife against his wrist and cuts. Blood starts oozing out.

"Nononononono. What did you cut?"

His breathing starts shaking. "I don't-- agh --know!"

"Help!! Somebody! Please!!!" I turn to Cyrus. He's holding his wrist, trying to stop the red liquid from escaping his veins. It's not working.

He falls to the floor, and his eyes start rolling back. "J-Jonah? It's getting dark."

I start holding him up. "Nonono. Stay with me. Don't leave me. Your family still needs you. I still need you."

—————

Cyrus's POV:
Where... am I? The area around me is completely empty of any color. I walk around the gray hued park. Then I see him. "T-Tyson?"

He waved at me. "Hey, Cy."

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you."

"What?" Fear started to wrap around my heart.

He points behind me. A large door has appeared. "You go in there, and you'll return to your body. You'll be alive. Or, you can come with me, and we can be together in whatever place comes next. The choice is yours. I won't force you to do anything."

The door begins to open. I see Andi, Buffy, Jonah, and my parents standing next to my hospital bed. I close my eyes. "I'm really sorry."

I open them again, and I start making my way towards Tyson.