8x09 - Taken

I should mention this. Now that Cyrus is awake, he has absolutely no memory of his time as a spirit. To him, it feels like a dream.

———————

3rd Person POV:
Cyrus watched the TV in horror. "This isn't happening..." He saw dead bodies of my teachers and classmates. All because they were LGBT. "This isn't happening!"

Tears started to flood from his eyes. Jonah sat next to him and comforted me. He kissed Cyrus on the head. "It's going to be alright, Cy. The police, and now, SWAT, is investigating everything to catch this organization. We're going to get through this, you understand me?"

"Yeah." He sniffled. "I understand."

Andi stood up. "Jonah. Time to go."

"Why can't he stay with me?" Cyrus asked.

She faked a chuckle. "It's not safe. If you two stay together, you might draw more attention to yourselves."

He nodded sadly. "Fine." Cyrus ran to Jonah and kissed him. "I love you." He whispered."

"Love you too." Both of them walked out and Cyrus went back to his bedroom.

He closed the door and turned back. A second later, he fell backwards on the floor. "Wh-what the?"

A man towered above him. "Cyrus. My son. How are you?"

"D-Dad?"

"What? Surprised to see your father?"

"You're not even my dad anymore." Cyrus stood up angrily. "Get out of my house!"

"Haha. Glad to see you grew a pair. Now, I'm not here to hurt you. I'm just going to make this brief."

"What... do you want?"

"I just need to know. How are you and Jonah Beck? You two dating?" His crooked smile brought shivers down Cyrus's spine.

"I'm not telling you anything." Cyrus said confidently.

"Yeah. I don't blame you. Still, I'll tell you something. I have men and women from my organization circled around Andi and Jonah. There's a lot of people who were willing to join my cause. Politicians, businessmen, police officers."

Jonah and Andi walked down the streets, when a group of men and women surrounded them, and held them at gunpoint.

Andi was shaking in fear. "What's going on?"

Cyrus was holding back the tears. "What do you want with them?!" He said angrily.

Mr. Goodman grinned evilly. "Jonah is bi, so he's going to die like the other worthless LGBT scum in the city."

"Andi's straight. Leave her out of this!"

"You're her friend. And I want to make you suffer so much right now. So, as a bonus, she'll die too."

Andi and Jonah struggled to get free. "Help! Somebody, please help us!"

A woman in the group chuckled. "Poor kids. They think someone's actually going to save them."

Cyrus noticed a pistol in his dad's holster. He lunged forward and pulled it out, aiming the gun at him.

Mr. Goodman just laughed. "You're a tough kid, Cyrus. But you don't have the willpower to do this."

Cyrus cocked the gun. "I do. I'll shoot you. I'll kill you. Here and now."

His father kneeled down in front of him. "Do it then." He leaned his head against the gun. "Kill me."

Cyrus's hands started to shake. His breathing quivered. Eventually, he gave up. Mr. Goodman took the gun back.

"As I said before. You're tough, but not tough enough."

"My step-mom may have hated me for being gay, but not even she would accept this."

"Your stepmom is dead, Cyrus."

"What? How?"

His dad turned around. "I killed her. She was snooping around, and caught me. So I had to make sure she didn't tell anybody."

"You're a sick man. You killed all those people just because they were gay?!"

"I helped to rid the city of disgusting filth." He exited the room. "You're just lucky I'm leaving you alive."

—————

Cyrus's POV:
I rushed to Andi's house. "Bex! Bowie! Are Andi and Jonah here?"

They shook their heads nervously. "I think they've been kidnapped."

Bex stood up. "What?! How do you know this?"

"My dad. He's been heading the entire thing. He's the reason everyone is dead, and now, he has Andi and Jonah."

Bowie kneeled in front of me. "Cyrus. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Do you have any idea where they might be?"

A memory flashed in my head. "There is one place."

"Where?"

"His house. It's pretty far from the city. No one would hear if there were gunshots."

Bex took out her phone. "Who are you calling?" I asked.

"The police."

"No! Don't! My dad said that there were officers in his organization. If we call them, they'll tip off my dad, and he could escape."

She put the phone away and sighed. "Guess we're going there ourselves."

"What? No! You'll die!"

"Andi is in danger." Bowie said. "We're not just going to ignore that."

I sighed. "Fine. But I'm coming too. You're not talking me out of this."