6x09 - So Perfect

Tyson's POV:
Cyrus finally let go of me and leaned back into the seat. I was red in the face. "So... you do like me?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I do. I want to date you, Tyson."

I started to frown. "We can't. We shouldn't date."

"Why not?"

"Jonah. I won't break his heart just so I can date you. You two are still together. I won't get in the way of that."

Cyrus sighed. "I guess you're right. I don't know what to do, though. I like both of you in this way, and I don't know what to do."

"Cyrus, do you know who you actually like?"

"Not really. I was hoping that if I went out with you for a while, then I would know how I actually felt."

"You gotta tell him. I'm sure he'll understand. After all, he did the same thing."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

I made a small grin. "I've noticed you guys back in middle school. Jonah and Andi were dating. He started liking you. It's the same here. Except this time, I'm you, Jonah is Andi, and you're Jonah."

"Still. I'm not like him. I don't know how to tell him without hurting his feelings."

"Just be straight forward, and hope that he'll understand."

Cyrus kissed my forehead. "Thanks Tyson." The bell rang for lunch. "Guess I should go now. I can still if you're still hurting."

I made a shooing motion. "Go find him. I'll be fine. I've been hurt way worse than this."

—————

Jonah's POV:
I finally walked out of the bathroom, wiping away my tears. Cyrus had just exited the nurse's room, and saw me. He ran towards me saying, "Jonah. Can we talk?"

I nodded. "Yeah, we probably should."

We both walked outside and sat on one of the benches. "It's about me and Tyson." he started.

I quickly replied, "I know you two like each other. You don't have to hide it."

He sighed. "How'd you find out?"

"For starters, you two have been pretty flirty lately. It also may have been the fact that I saw you two kiss in the nurse's room."

His face turned to anxiety. "You saw that?"

"Yeah." I took a second to plan my next words. "Cyrus? Be honest with me. Do you want to date him?"

"Yeah. Kind of. I-I don't know how I feel, and maybe being with him will help me figure that out."

I put my arm around him. "Go date him."

"Are you sure?" he questioned.

"I am. We're still going to be friends, and you deserve to be happy, Cyrus. I won't get in the way of that."

He chuckled. "Tyson said the exact same thing."

"I'll always be here for you. And if you decide you and Tyson are better off as friends, I'll still be there, waiting."

He hugged me. "Thank you for understanding, Jonah."

I looked into his eyes. "I know this may be awkward, but I have one last kiss?"

"Sure." He leaned in, and put his lips on mine. When it was over, I told him, "You should go tell Tyson everything now. I'll see you later."

He stood up and started walking away, waving back, saying, "See ya, Jonah."

He disappeared into the hall. I quietly whispered, "I love you, Cyrus."

—————

Cyrus's POV:
At the end of the day, I found Tyson, who was at the front of the school. "School nurse said you were okay?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah. By the way, what did Jonah say?"

"He's fine with us dating. Technically, we just broke up, and hopefully, things won't be too awkward between me and him."

"Does that mean we're officially a couple?"

"I guess that does." I held out my hand, which he grabbed. "Shall we go get

He chuckled. "Yes. We shall."

We started walking out of the school, probably going to the Spoon or something. I'll be honest. Tyson is giving me a sense of peace. I feel like I can truly be myself around him.

Maybe that's what makes him so perfect.