2x02 - First Impressions

Jonah's POV:
Okay. I gotta make this perfect. My girlfriend and my parents are finally going to meet. I should ask someone to help me out.

Should I text Buffy or Cyrus to help me? You know what? I'll just ask them both to come over.

—————

I heard the doorbell ring and I answered it. It was Cyrus, and his hair was looking extra smooth today. It was pretty cute.

"Hey, Cyrus." I said. "Is Buffy coming to help as well?"

Cyrus just shook his head. "Nah. Said she was busy talking with Marty. Anyways, what can I help you with?"

"It's small, but I could use some help setting up for the dinner tonight. I want to make sure it ends up great."

I led Cyrus over to the kitchen/dining room. My mom walked in, and her face lit up when she saw Cyrus. "Hello. My name is Hannah." she said to him. "It's nice to meet you."

Cyrus waved back. "Hi. I'm Cyrus."

Her face lit up even more. "Ohh. You're Cyrus, huh? My little Jonah has said so much about you. Said you were one of the best people he's met."

"Aww! That's so nice. Thanks Jonah."

I couldn't help but smile at the face he made. "It was nothing. Just one of the many great things about you."

"There he goes again. Saying so many kind things about you. He's also said that you were so cute when you smiled."

"Okay, mom." I said. "How about you go upstairs and get ready? Remember? Andi's coming over?"

My mom nodded. "Got it. Call me if you need anything." Then, she walked away to get ready.

Cyrus made a little smile. "So, you think I'm cute, huh?"

I started to blush, so I turned away. "Is the amazing Jonah Beck blushing?"

I said, "N-no." Even though it was clear I was lying.

"Let's just start getting ready." Cyrus sat down. "Now, when it comes to Andi, it's usually not about looks. So you don't need to worry too much about making the place look nice."

"So, what do I worry about?"

"Conversation. Especially during first impressions. If she feels like she's not treated too well the first time meeting someone, she'll usually assume that the next time they talk, she won't be respected. Even if they are treating her nicely the second time."

"Got it. First impressions are very important. Anything else?" I asked.

"Nope. Besides that, just have a good time, and you should be fine."

"Thanks again, Cy." I didn't know what else to do, so I hugged him. It was... nice. And then, he hugged back. Which made me feel all warm and happy inside.

Ding Dong

We both stopped hugging and Cyrus said, "I guess that's my cue to go. Remember, have good conversations." He patted me on the back. "Don't sweat it. You got this."